General Discussion

Viewing 20 posts - 3,561 through 3,580 (of 5,388 total)
  • Author
    odysee
    Registered Boarder

It would be a tragedy if this forum goes the same way as the Moneycontrol board. We have had wonderful and informative exchanges and posts over the last many months, and a lot of additional knowledge and data about the ad-tech industry, as well as BCG’s historical journey,has been acquired by all on this forum.
    I strongly believe that the coming on board of a few very negative and disruptive elements in the recent past , has led to avoidable acrimonious exchanges on this forum. The targeting of sincere and knowledgeable members without any substance to back their hostile and crude accusations, has created unnecessary divisions and suspicion of motives, on this once wonderful platform for serious BCG investors.
    It would not be out of order for Admin to be a little more discerning and a tad less generous with obvious transgressors of the ‘rules of play’ initially formulated when this forum was first set up.
    Both critical as well as positive posts help create a balance and provide a wider perspective of our investment in BCG, but extreme comments and personal attacks out of frustration or otherwise is condemnable.

raviblk
    Registered Boarder

Dear Admin,

It is time for you step in to sort out the uncertainty. You did a great job by providing the platform , different from MMB board. Please continue to maintain this forum as a special one for knowledge sharing and remove the negativity .
    Also convince people like Mr.Logan to continue their writings.

Thanks

raviblk
    Registered Boarder

Positive news after a long time

thanks Mr.Jay69

3+
    chris
    Registered Boarder

This information was on the StockEdge app, does anybody know anything about this ?

1+
    admin
    Keymaster
    Topic Author

Thanks Jay for sharing

radhutheoptimist
    Registered Boarder

There is a disclosure at BSE today by BCG stating that they don’t meet the criteria prescribed for Large Corporate as per some SEBI circular. Basically my understanding about the circular is you need to provide details of borrowings and BCG says we don’t have to as we don’t have any debt right now. For me it appears that before getting LOC you need to get clearance from SEBI if there is any existing borrowings. That’s why BCG issued a crisp statement to BSE which doesn’t mean anything to anyone. If you go through what is the SEBI circular you may understand. This is what I understood right now…. and I might be stupid to assume something 😆.

4+
    radhutheoptimist
    Registered Boarder

#11674…. Please ignore. Looks like it is a general disclosure at BSE by all companies

4+
    Raj
    Registered Boarder

Hi All, can someone explain why all the adtech stocks in US are hitting lows these days.. Are they any uncertainties / restrictions that are causing the downfall. Thanks.

2+
    VALUEBUYER001
    Registered Boarder

Hope BCG comes out of ASM soon

1+
    Raj
    Registered Boarder

Logan, many thanks for answering. There’s a quote “make hay while the sunshines”. I don’t whether this is applicable for bcg or not. But most of the companies have taken the advantage during the pandemic period. Everyday new technologies are emerging and there is cut throat competition in the market. Don’t know what our CEO has in his mind. Wishing him good luck in resolving the pending issues asap.

6+
    Raj
    Registered Boarder

Spot on Logan. The elephant is still in the room. 😉.. Let’s assume, if bcg acquires Audio company like Spotify. Then, how do you see this situation in terms of the company’s valuation? This example is just only for better understanding. Rgds.

Logan
    Registered Boarder

@Raj, I don’t think BCG has plans to acquire any streaming platforms, most of the companies are out of reach (Spotify alone is valued at $46Billion and there aren’t many public companies to get an idea on valuations) but it may acquire some company that provides tech to advertise on streaming platforms.

According to the article on ET, the deal is very small ($15-20M) so I don’t think the impact will be big on both valuation and business. We should see how the market will react to the news. If the deal was of a bigger size, then the market would’ve cheered is my opinion.

Something is always good then nothing at all to start with. At least markets will now sense & Definitely give value according to the deal value of ( $15-20M ). Slow & Steady wins the race, Also the race will turn into a marathon with time. Upcoming Good qtly results will also give a zing & extra momentum. Logan sir, Thanks for the info. Cheers !!!

ramganesh1982
    Registered Boarder

As per the lastest information available in simply wall https://simplywall.st/stocks/in/media/nse-bcg/brightcom-group-shares the public holding is only 25% now and this information is last updated on May 9th . Can someone cross check the public holding from some other source/website ?

5+
    palash231
    Registered Boarder
    buffet
    Registered Boarder

@palash:

Can you please let us know From where did you get this?
    1. In the latest Mar-2021 SHP, Goenkas/Priya Prakash/Uno/AKG holdings were not shown. I believe they were out in Nov/Dec-2020.
    2. Do insiders mean the promoter group?
    3. After PW/PO allotment, the promoter holdings should come below 25%. Can you please provide a detailed list of promoter holdings?
    4. On moneycontrol & BSE, the promoter holdings are shown as 36.76%
    5. Is SHP you shared realtime?

ramganesh1982
    Registered Boarder

Hi buffet,

As I had mentioned in my previous post #11690 this SHP information is available under https://simplywall.st/stocks/in/media/nse-bcg/brightcom-group-shares which was updated on May 9th

odysee
    Registered Boarder

This SHP appears erroneous. Still shows Oak India holding a large percentage. They have exited completely.

tanv151
    Registered Boarder

Number of publishers crossed 50k mark as per Adauth website. Hope this will have a meaningful & positive impact

Kuch Log jo zyada jante hai, Insaan ko kaam pechante hai. Logan sir, Don’t give heed to them. You continue with your analysis sharing.

Viewing 20 posts - 3,561 through 3,580 (of 5,388 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.