General Discussion

Viewing 20 posts - 4,301 through 4,320 (of 5,393 total)
  • Author
    JackSparrow13
    Registered Boarder

CNBC TV-18 is so interested in Brightcom, I am afraid they might join us as fellow investor.

whyShares
    Registered Boarder

Brightcom added in London FTSE Emerging Micro cap Index fund list dated 28 Feb 2022. BCG is at 4th rank. This is international recognition for BCG as a growth stock.

FTSE International Limited trading as FTSE Russell is a British provider of stock market indices and associated data services, wholly owned by the London Stock Exchange and operating from premises in Canary Wharf. It operates the well known UK FTSE 100 Index as well as a number of other indices.Wikipedia

https://research.ftserussell.com/Analytics/Factsheets/Home/DownloadSingleIssue?issueName=MMCE&IsManual=false

Brightspot
    Registered Boarder

Whyshares is it possible to post the direct link which is featuring brightcom at 4th place, above link opines PDF file not much usefull

whyShares
    Registered Boarder

Brightspot, I could not find a direct link to Brightcom on the FTSE website.

I wonder if this bit of news on moneycontrol can be verified
    “FTSE Global Equity index to buy 5.9 Million shares of BrightCom Group effective March 17,2022”
    https://m.moneycontrol.com/india/messageboardblog/message_thread/102147044/103959360

Abhishek
    Registered Boarder

Please see this attachment for London FTSE Emerging Micro cap Index fund details

Abhishek
    Registered Boarder
    NIRAJ1
    Registered Boarder

Added 10k shares today in porfolio.

whyShares
    Registered Boarder

Tomorrow BCG will be quoting 61.25 (+ or – 5%).
    This is because of the T+2 rules, any one buying BCG tomorrow will not be eligible for bonus and thus prices from tomorrow should be adjusted by the exchanges to ex-bonus – 102.10 x 0.6 (3/5) = 61.25

whyShares
    Registered Boarder

Nothing to do with BCG, but should be of interest to many in the group

Congratulations to all Senior Citizens 🙏🏻🙏

Great News
    Air India TATA passes the air fare for all senior citizens of Indian nationality and permanently residing in India, over 60 years of age get Air India Flight tickets at half the price for travel within INDIA.
    Please inform Senior Citizens belonging to your families and friends

http://www.airindia.in/senior-citizen-concession.htm

JackSparrow13
    Registered Boarder

Deathly silence when share does well, full of wisdom and encouragement during bear attacks, the forum is powerful!

vstvm
    Registered Boarder

hi friends,
    with respect to the volume traded in NSE today, it suggest’s that FTSE index has entered BCG today without breaking the UC thro block deals.
    request fellow members, to throw some light on this.

akkithegrt
    Registered Boarder

Hi all,
    Some you tuber has posted a nice video on BCG,atleast retailer will start to know how its BCG’s business works ,atleast basics of BCG business and growth in programmatic advertising.Any ways Nice video,after a long time i have seen such a good video explaining in details on BCG

hw_tw
    Registered Boarder

@vstvm1981 – Vanguard ETF which was tracking FTSE Global Index has purchased most of these stocks on this Thursday

Basis the volume spike (of 1.3Cr which at some point went to 1.5Cr+ at the upper circuit) we can assume that the same Vanguard fund has also tried to get BCG too but they couldn’t get it as by that time there were already some 40 to 45 lakh+ shares pending in queue at the Upper circuit

I guess they would try to purchase it again from Monday onwards … hopefully they try it in the morning itself instead of last one hour

We can check Vanguard deals over here from StockEdge website
    https://sedg.in/7i9bd1ne

One more thing, they had purchased more number of stocks than what was mentioned in the below list …

For example, 15.45L+ AngelOne shares vs 6.7L initial expectation … Hoping they would do the same with BCG too

Anbuviji
    Registered Boarder

Dear admins/Brave investors of this group, No updates for many days Is there any technical fault. Pl share any updates to maintain live in the forum & it may educate the retail investors who are technically weak. post bonus lot of buy orders observed which we understand big players FII, DII & HNI investors are very keen to enter and Low volume shows the conviction of our BGCians not to sell. Forum geniuses pl keep alive our forum its my suggestion.

NIRAJ1
    Registered Boarder

Anybody received bonus shares ? i didnot reeive yet.

8+
    Brightspot
    Registered Boarder

Hello guys, please share your thought on YSR garu exit, isnt that management responsibility to update on FA , suddenly posting CFO leaving is not good in this time !! even though he is retiring not resigning, a person responsible for audit is leaving and management not interested to update on FA

3+
    chris
    Registered Boarder

As a follow up question, what is really interesting is the volume traded today and the NUMBER OF LARGE DEALS. Can it be taken as a sign of a positive FA outcome or is it just my biased (invested) outlook!!!

Your views on it please !!!

chris
    Registered Boarder

@brightspot, irrespective of whether YSR is in or out, he will be held equally responsible if the FA goes south(again my assumption), since SEBI is scrutinising finances during his tenure.

Or

Has the audit been completed after which he is resigning, a theory which I feel is in support of the large deals today.

Again just to make it absolutely clear I have no proof or evidence of either theories, just a thought process trying to understand the intimation given by the company. Either way this week should be crucial.

hw_tw
    Registered Boarder

Is there any link between FA and CFO’s exit

My view is clearly NO for the following reasons

– CFO has RETIRED as he has crossed age limit and has not RESIGNED

– There is no timeline set for FA completion … It can take few weeks to many months as seen in other cases

– Holding someone for another few weeks or months is clearly not an option … Corporate world prefers certainty about the dates so that they can work towards finding a replacement … It a difficult process and takes lot of time to find replacement (will discuss this later)

– Lastly we are not aware of his Health condition and his ability to continue even if the company wants to … I am happy that BCG has taken an employee’s first approach by not holding an employee for whatever reasons especially when someone has worked for such a long period … he doesn’t deserve any kind of pressure tactics from the company for whatever reasons and would definitely needs a graceful exit without any hurdles

This also sets a right example for the new comer as they can join confidently with full knowledge of what’s happened about FA and how company has treated employees even in difficult situations without holding them to stay in the company for their benefits

Thanks YSR gaaru for all your valuable contributions behind the scenes and wish you a Happy and Healthy life ahead

hw_tw
    Registered Boarder

BCG should have appointed a new CFO by now as they were aware of this exit

This thought crossed my mind the very first time when I heard this news and I felt they should have closed it by now, but when I thought for a while and I recall some of my hiring experiences in corporate world I feel it is rather common to have delays in hirings … the challenges arise from multiple angles, in terms of finding the right fitment and many other external factors which are not in your control

In terms of right fitment, some specific challenges this position brings in

One person – This is a single person post heading a team and not a team member position where in you can hire and still live with that person even though the person is not upto the mark … You need to be extra careful making sure that the person is the right fitment in all aspects

Face of the organization – He will be the face of the organization representing it in multiple forums like in Analyst meets, Investors calls, Mergers & Acquisitions, Nasdaq Listing, Road shows etc; … and especially give that BCG is fast growing, touching Billion dollar in sales with operations expanding in multiple countries he would be required to have a good understanding of latest technology, legal compliance apart from accounting standards and systems followed across the world

No replacement – As mentioned above, you just can’t hire and fire as it is not only waste of time and money but also reputation of the company will have a huge impact apart from many others

Connect with the business – For the CFO to stay long, he needs to connect with this AdTech business and believe in this growth story … Its like a co-founder position where the person is connected to the business right from the beginning… In this case SKR has to make sure the new CFO is connected and carries the same passion as the founders

Huge delays happen when it comes to tech people hirings irrespective of levels … It gets delayed because of HR policies like 3 months notice and the candidate declining offer in last minute or not turning up even after accepting offer … I guess this problem may be there to a certain extent even in Finance people hirings … Apart from this budget is a big problem in tech hirings and most of the times we need to increase it just to close the position in time

Note that the official FA news came in around a month back and I am sure his exit and replacement would have been planned even before that … I attribute this delay is purely because of finding some right fitment and some typical recruitment challenges

Having said this, I feel BCG could have scored some brownie points had they announced a new CFO along with the exit … they still can and hoping they will with some right hiring …🙂

Anyway, it is mentioned that they have shortlisted few … hoping they find some good quality and reputed people taking the mantle from YSR and steer the organization to greater heights …💲

Viewing 20 posts - 4,301 through 4,320 (of 5,393 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.