General Discussion

Viewing 20 posts - 4,681 through 4,700 (of 5,395 total)
  • Author
    Sobha
    Registered Boarder

Any idea about dividend distribution date?

2+
    odysee
    Registered Boarder

@Sobha, before 28th October, but after the brouhaha caused by the bonus credit delay, we may be pleasantly surprised by an early payout. At least that is my hope as it may soothe some ruffled feathers on account of previous dividend delays.

7+
    whyShares
    Registered Boarder

*BCG circuit limit being revised to 20 per cent*

Since the exchanges revised BCG circuit limit, we can assume that the Forensic Audit cleared BCG of any wrong doing and the exchanges consider BCG as a good company worthy to be placed among the leaders of Indian Companies. Expect BCG to do well in future

https://www.dsij.in/dsijarticledetail/bse-revises-daily-circuit-limit-for-479-stocks-including-adani-wilmar-brightcom-group-and-many-more-26812-1

5+
    ved
    Registered Boarder

@whyshares ji, I agree with you on this. Instead of assuming the outcome of the FA, the “investors” can also consider this. If the management believes (and i believe that SKR will not lie to all investors) that there is no wrongdoing and the outcome should come in their favor, then it should be so. The circuit revision may or may not have any relation to the audit. I also have a gut feeling that will know about the outcome before December.

5+
    whyShares
    Registered Boarder

The important fact to note here is that the circuit of BCG was increased directly from 5% to 20%. Of the 479 stocks revised, only 17 stocks, including Brightcom, went from 5 to 20% directly. This is a strong indication that the exchanges and SEBI are convinced that BCG is a good Company with no outstanding issues. The next step in BCG’s evolution hopefully, will be it inclusion in the F&O segment.

For inclusion in F&O segment, a stock is chosen from among the top 500 stocks based on average daily market capitalisation and average daily traded value in the previous six months.

sac6310
    Registered Boarder

One more adtech company (cyber media research ) listed yesterday at PE>50 and our BCG is struggling even to get two digit PE. A lot of things specially in CG has to be improved to get proper valuation and respect from market.
    Commitment made to shareholder in last con call to resolve daum by Q2 end(sept 22) is still open. I dnt know why SKR make promises on timelines when he can’t fulfill.

17+
    Logan
    Registered Boarder

Board Meeting on Monday, 17th October to discuss

1) Audio Ad Definitive Agreement

2) Lycos deal with Daum

odysee
    Registered Boarder

@sac6310, my understanding is that Mr Reddy had indicated settlement of Daum by the ‘next’ quarter. I presumed then (and now) that he meant the quarter after the September quarter as the statement was made in the middle of the 2nd quarter during the conference call. It would be a bit harsh to call this non-fulfilment of a timeline promise.

7+
    kmr003
    Registered Boarder

In board meeting they should also discuss on dividend crediting ASAP.
    else they will delay and create unnecessary CG issue.

Most of Companies credit with in 15 days of AGM. (ex: Vedanta, TataSteel)
    SKR should be proactive, should have dedicated team for CG.
    Don’t know why so slow in implementing the process in place. been telling from last 2-3 years.

20+
    Logan
    Registered Boarder

I’m not sure whether the management knows how to communicate with the market/investors. They should give some details at least like name of the target company or the settlement amount (Lycos-DAUM) or timelines of these events etc.

I feel that they still have private company mentality. Like I’ve mentioned many times before, there’s no one on the board who knows and understands the market. Mr.Peshwa Acharya is good at marketing and I think he’s new to public markets, Mr.Nilendu Narayan is good at accounting and others I don’t think will bring anything important to the company.

chris
    Registered Boarder

SHP for the second quarter out, showing close to 6crore sale of shares that were under muskaan and pankti common-sales when compared to the last quarter.
    Any opinions please do share.

Logan
    Registered Boarder

What I’ve observed all these years is that Drama always follows BCG.

It’s like that dialogue in KGF movie

Violence.. Violence… Violence…
    I don’t like it. I avoid.
    But…. Violence likes me..
    I can’t avoid.

In BCG’s case, it’s Drama instead of violence. There’ll always be one or other thing.

We all thought that it would end with BCG paying off all the loans and completing Lycos deal but new things happened and the management not focusing enough on sorting them out or improving corporate governance hasn’t improved the situation.

The CEO said that they’ll focus more on corporate governance this year and let’s see what actions they’ll take to improve that. Their first focus should be on earning the market’s/investors’ trust. I’ve not seen a company trading at such cheap valuations with such growth rates. The market is not ready to give good valuations yet. It did give a good valuation last year but because of FA, SHP, huge free float etc that valuation couldn’t sustain.

FA is not in their hands but other things are. They should give more clarity on SHP issue and be frank and direct with the investors. The CEO gets negative and annoyed if anyone asks about SHP but he has no choice but to give proper answers.

Even in the recent announcement regarding audio ad acquisition and Daum settlement deal, they should have provided basic details at least. What’s the point saying that the board discussed this and that without saying what this and that are? Even the market wasn’t convinced with that announcement. I guess the CEO is not ready to take other people’s suggestions and is not able to understand what the market thinks. He doesn’t want to lose control of the company and still runs it as a private company. This may be good for the growth of the business but I’m not sure the market will appreciate that. Investors want companies to be more transparent, give more details than required, and do things sooner than expected (eg – dividend payment).

Markets appreciate this more than anything else –

“Action speaks louder than words.”

It’s time for BCG’s management to follow this mantra. At least from this Deepawali/Diwali they should consider this as a priority and start acting soon on their words. We all want BCG to be valued like the other companies i.e. based on business, growth, future, etc.

The management should focus on ending all the dramas and removing the uncertainty as much as they can. If these are done then automatically the market will give BCG a good valuation.

akkithegrt
    Registered Boarder

We know that there is a lot of negativity floating around the surface of BCG ,but don’t forget that BCG is now in the A category. In addition to that, BCG has a 20 percent circuit(20 percent circuit was a must,as our stock is trading daily rather than upper and lower circuits,and many large players may enter as well due to the above factor). We all know that once BCG starts its uptrend journey, there will be no looking back. A lot of positive development is happening around BCG.

But, our company’s corporate governance needs to improve, as this is the root cause of all our problems. The company should credit dividends this month. This can show that the company is serious about its stakeholders. Next is the DAUM issue, which needs to be closed by the end of the quarter. Audio acquisition should be completed at the earliest. Now the company should act on these issues rather than just discuss them. It should complete the action. This will increase the confidence of shareholders in the company.

The company should go for a small buyback plan every year, as this will instil a lot of confidence in long-term shareholders.Lets hope for best

Happy and prosperous Diwali to everyone. Hopefully, the upcoming years will be wealth-creating for all BCG investors.

Logan
    Registered Boarder

The match felt like a rollercoaster ride. My heart was in my mouth when DK got out but thankfully Ashwin was there and maintained his cool and got us to the finish line.

I don’t know what to write about Virat Kohli’s innings and his commitment to the team and our country. Take a bow legend.

I wish everyone (including BCG’s haters) a very happy Deepavali. Jai Hind.

Yogi
    Registered Boarder

Logon Sir, You have very well articulated the emotions experienced by one and all. Indeed A Wonderful Gift to ALL Bharatiyas on the Eve of Deepavali, the Festival of Lights Celebrating Good over Evil. I guess majority of Indians across the country/world would spend exceeding their planned budget because of this exhilarating win. Everyone is Happy… As a consequence, the coming quarter results of most companies would be a notch positive than the expected including our own Brightcom Group Limited. Taking this opportunity to wish One and All A Very Happy, Blessed, Healthy and a Prosperous Deepavali. Jai Hind. Bharat Mata Ki Jai.

drpram
    Registered Boarder

SHP analysis was not done by experts this time .. I expect the analysis can be posted in SHP portal by learned members like Mathews.. Expecting the same ..Either positive or negative as always we discussed..Thanks

6+
    kiranj
    Registered Boarder

Divident got credited now. Cheers

m4max1979
    Registered Boarder

On the Bse site, promoters shares pledged is showing as Nil. Is that an anomaly or have the promoters unpledged their shares.

3+
    whyShares
    Registered Boarder

Why the increase in FII investment in BCG is sending the right signals

Brightcom gets about 90% of its sales from foreign countries. There are doubts whether some of these accounts are cooked. The forensic audit was ordered by SEBI for this reason.

Only the FIIs have the resources to check BCG operations in foreign countries, especially BCG operations in South America.

So the fact that the FIIs are increasing their stake in BCG should give us great confidence in BCG

6+
    tanv151
    Registered Boarder

@whyShares ji,

You bring up a good point and I would like to give my point of you on this if that’s okay.

It’s a game of willingness, FII and others who are increasing their stakes, they are doing it because they are willing to put in the time and effort to continuously research on this stock, and whoever has the will, they will figure out the way to find resources to get more info. Like the popular saying “Where there’s a will, there’s a way”.

You would be surprised to know that off the 3.79 lakh shareholders,
    ONLY 72 shareholders attended the AGM through video conferencing
    ONlY 6.77 crore of public votes polled (in other words just 6.77 crore shares)

We see so many people voice out their support/concern about BCG on a daily basis using various platforms. However, not even 1% of the overall shareholder population show up on AGM, let alone conference calls. It is important for everyone to join these meetings to raise the concerns or provide feedback to the management. It is as simple as, if you have a problem with someone then ‘TALK to the person instead of talking ABOUT that person’.

Another thing I noticed was, off the 6.77 public votes 26% were against the re-appointment of Mr. Vijay Kancharla as the BOD. This is a great indicator of what shareholders think of his visible involvement and contribution.

6+
Viewing 20 posts - 4,681 through 4,700 (of 5,395 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.