General Discussion

Viewing 20 posts - 4,761 through 4,780 (of 5,388 total)
  • Author
    lycos.rags.to.riches
    Registered Boarder

@rathi_b thanks for your effort. SKR has confirmed the mentioned points in the concall as well that company is taking all efforts to solve the pending issues and business growth is on track.
    Do we have any timelines from SKR on when will this get solved(Things which are under his control)
    Why did they get into such a situation, what are they planning to avoid getting into such situation
    Are they planning any analyst meet to bring in big investor
    What steps are being made to improve market sentiment(apart from solving issue, QOQ growth is not showing improvement in stock value)

if you can provide additional details on your meeting it will be helpful.

ved
    Registered Boarder

@lycos.rags.to.rich, I can answer your questions and it will not differ much from how SKR would have answered. “There are some pending issues because of which we are not able to do any of these now, but we are actively working towards closing them. We may do all these in the future when all the issues have been dealt with”.

Did you gain any new information from what you had 1-2 con-calls before? As an investor it is frustrating when the management cannot give you any clarity on the matters that need attention, but asks you align to their vision. I hope this changes soon.

Brightspot
    Registered Boarder

Yes, possible that those issues need some more time to close, we can ask SKR not to conduct anymore conference calls unless there is an update or material development

8+
    tanv151
    Registered Boarder

Everyone wants @Rathi_b to post details of the meeting but let’s understand two points here

a) No promoter can give information (that can impact the share price) to anyone/group directly. This needs to done only through the exchanges
    b) This is a public forum and posting any details can be termed as buy/sell recommendations, let alone the other sensitive angle which I am sure all of us understand as
    There are a few important points mentioned on his post if we pay attention:

Thank you all for bearing with us, we had to move our meeting with SKR to today as he was travelling internationally last week and we have had a long chat concerning many of us investor concerns, we have left the premises with a feeling of confidence that Brightcom is dealing with all the aspects in the most effective way it can.
    It was pleasing to see all the new hires in the office. And SKR is very optimistic about the business right now and the growth prospects it throws up in future.

The first point (of course in my personal view) could answer why SKR couldn’t attend the TGS event last week and more importantly he made time to meet the Hyd Group as soon as he was back in country. How many promoters give audience to retail investors?

Second point – Why would anyone write ‘left the premises with a feeling of confidence’ if they were not convinced with the discussion?

Third point – Could act like a confirmation to the announcement made by the company with regard to the new hires

Again others might interpret his post in a different way. Everyone is entitled to have his/her own opinion.

disclaimer – this is not a buy/hold/sell recommendation. Please do your research or take advice from a SEBI registered financial analyst/advisor.

ved
    Registered Boarder

^ You do realize that the name of this forum is “brightcominvestors”. If the discussion do not happen around the present and future prospects of the company, then what else shall we do?

Everyone wanted some updates about the status quo of the issues that have plagued the share these days, and since it is not coming from the management, many had high hopes from his meeting with the Hyd investors.And, what will give investors more confidence; if SKR could just tell where is the Daum issue stuck, what progress has the company made in Audio ads division since Mr. Chetti has come onboard (I am hoping that he is not working full time on the acquisition since the past year), Why are these penalties imposed on them by Sebi and what are they doing to ensure that this does not happen again.

I dont know about you, but a concrete answer to any of these will give me the assurance that the management is not callous about retail investors. Sorry, but meeting investors after an international flight and feeding the same answers does not bring that confidence.

chris
    Registered Boarder

This is not the first time that such a reaction has been posted on the forum after Rathi b and the team have met with the company. Well definitely it was nice enough for the hyd team to have put in the effort to go meet SKR.
    You cannot expect to get more information than that is already out there in these meetings, even if there was something that was shared you cannot expect them to post about it here.
    So I guess what Rathi shared was that after the conversation he was reassured that bcg was doing all that was in its power to deal with the issues on hand. (You either believe him or don’t).
    So I would like to thank Rathi for meeting with skr and posting a Cryptic yet brief gist(although we would all like to know the minutes of the meeting) and be done with it.

ved
    Registered Boarder

No one is blaming anyone. I only reflected the frustration of the retail investors. Most of us are only asking for updates on the action that management is taking for the long-pending issues. If it takes years to close an issue, are we expected to wait for that long to get any update? And moreover, how can we trust that everything on the business end is running smoothly but when it comes to governance, things become paralysed. Why can’t they tell clearly what actions did they take in 2022 and what is planned for 2023?

chris
    Registered Boarder

True, that’s the most irritating aspect. Daums closure has been pending forever. No update on audio based digital advertising company acquisition closure. Mediamint deal cancellation after a long wait, and mainly delay in announcement of the forensic audit, to name a few …

Logan
    Registered Boarder

When we have a large group of investors, it’s common (and also healthy and good) to have different opinions on various topics. As investors we can do all that we can to change the management’s attitude but ultimately it’s left to them. Some investors request and others give complaints but if the management doesn’t want to change then no type of action will have any effect.

The issue with BCG since past many years is the CEO’s attitude and him not appointing anyone else to look after the market related activities. I’m quite sure that even the investor relations department of BCG won’t be knowing what’s happening on things like DAUM or audio ad acquisition or any other topic for that matter. BCG is being run like a private company and the promoters/management haven’t changed that which is hurting the shareholders. I really thought these things would change when new people like Mr.Peshwa Acharya came on board and when FPIs invested in the company but the progress (if any) has been too slow or not very impactful. Only one thing that has improved is that finally they are picking our calls or replying to our mails.

If I want to learn to play cricket I go to a cricket coach and for football I go to a football coach and for swimming I go to a swimming coach and etc etc. If I want to learn swimming and if I go to a cricket coach then he/she may not guide me as well as a swimming coach. Their techniques and understandings will be different. If they were the same then we wouldn’t have had so many experts in specific fields. You get the best results when you consult people who are experts (or at least have experience) in that field.

So BCG’s management has to look at things this way to improve the company’s efficiency and for people to take the company seriously. They can’t depend on the CEO for everything. He may be good at one thing but on other topics he may not have the expertise. More than anyone else, the CEO himself has to understand this. He can concentrate on business and leave other things to other people. So far most of the issues have taken up so much time because of relying too much on him. He may not understand the severity of some issues and may neglect them but others will not do that mistake and even if they do they don’t repeat it again.

When you have a plumbing related issue at home you don’t go and consult an electrician or a software guy to help you but you go to a plumber. Once or twice an electrician can fix a plumbing issue but not every time. Severity of the issue matters. Sometimes when the issue is big even some plumbers can’t solve it and they have to consult others.

Every company’s stock price will fluctuate (as we’ve seen in the last few days) but BCG’s case is special and is always like a rollercoaster and new issues come up quite often. The management has to be ready to face all the issues and shouldn’t drag them too long else people will lose interest and not give any importance to you.

When we were in schools and colleges, our well wishers would always tell us to complete easy questions first and then start writing the tougher ones. There’ll be different scenarios but things remain the same in every other field. In cricket, when you get a good ball you have to try to hit a boundary and for tougher balls you try to defend. In BCG’s case, among the different issues, the easiest according to me is the Daum issue so the management has to look at clearing it first then the other easier thing to close is the audio ad acquisition. For FA and SHP, you have to depend on SEBI so it’s not in your control. If at least the Daum issue is closed then people will understand if you take more time for audio ad acquisition but if you don’t close any and keep saying they are in final stages then no one will take you seriously.

sac6310
    Registered Boarder

seems whole management has become inefficient. CEO not able to solve legacy issues yet and authorized group strategy head to resolve daum .. they too still working on that so called done deal since last 2 year… earlier resolution was pending due to logistics issue and suddenly one fine day that its listed in korean exchange ,so payment issue.

CEO authorized audio division head to complete the audio acquisition and since last 6 months( since DD done) , no info yet except we will do this .

No clarity on SHP yet.
    No reply to clarification asked from NSE exchange yet and promises are always made to improve CG. Whenever we think that our company CG will not below this point, management shows us that our thinking is wrong .

God knows what’s going on and what independent directors in board are doing

ved
    Registered Boarder

BCG has never been so silent. I have strong feeling that SKR is working to fix atleast one of these issues and I am expecting some good news in Jan. You may call it wishful thinking. I am disappointed, but I have not given up on BCG yet.

12+
    vkhare789
    Registered Boarder

Patience is the key in this stock. People who invested in last one year have lost money. People who invested 3 years back and stayed on made great returns. I think when we have invested in such stock, we can not be near sighted. Lot of issues to be resolved and lot of surprises awaited. Definitely this stock is not for the faint hearted. 2022 was not a good year for BCG but we hope that 2023 will come with avenues of hope, positivity and returns. Hope that all issues including FA, daum and acquisition will see closure next year. Hope that by end of 2023, we can happily say that we invested in brightcom and we stayed on.

radhutheoptimist
    Registered Boarder

I copied this from one of the Telegram groups. This is related to decent bulk deals. Please read the discussion points shown in the screen shot. Couldn’t figure out what is happening. But the numbers seem too big. Can experts in this group comment on this please.

ved
    Registered Boarder

This is my hypothesis. These LLPs have huge number of shares and since the price has fallen so much, they are not able to exit. So, they are trading by getting margin against their shares (brokers will allow you to short a certain share without having margin if you already hold good quantities of it) and making 7-10% daily. Unless, someone with deeper pockets intervene, they have nothing to fear.

But, them not exiting completely is also a (somewhat) good sign for us. It may mean that they are also expecting the FA result to come in the company’s favor.

Logan
    Registered Boarder

The CEO/company/management should not have allotted shares to these LLPs who do trading. Shares should only be allotted to genuine investors i.e long term oriented investors. Before they were allotted shares another group owned by one of the allottees had done intraday trading and when we raised this issue the CEO said it won’t repeat again.

Last year I finally thought that the CEO had changed his attitude for good but he’s repeating his earlier traits again (assuring us that he’ll do something and not even bothering about it later). He used to tell us that all the loans would be paid by 2 quarters in every conference call but it took years. Last conference call (and in previous calls) he said DAUM issue would be settled in the next quarter (he did give a commitment saying that) but still no news on that except only one notification which gave zero information.

Most investors would be happy if he doesn’t give any timelines or commitments and just execute things and then inform us or even better is telling the truth right away instead of trying to patch up things temporarily.

As an example – What he does is just to patch things up he’ll say DAUM will be done in one quarter when in reality he won’t be knowing how much time it’ll take. So it’s better for him to tell the truth instead of giving false hopes. If DAUM issue takes say 6 months or 1 year or 2 years or doesn’t happen at all then he should tell us frankly.

(Many times I’ve said that I don’t see Lycos as very important but when it comes to commitment part, I consider it as important)

What I’ve noticed is that he’s an optimistic person and doesn’t want to talk about negative things and gets annoyed if anyone points out negative things about him or the company. But running a public company he can’t keep that attitude when negative things have happened (some of which have happened because of him). He gets annoyed when someone mentions about promoter SHP but it’s his fault that he didn’t disclose it earlier or hasn’t given any explanation on that till now. Shareholders will face the consequences because of his actions (negative or positive).

whyShares
    Registered Boarder

There are a lot of problems associated with Brightcom but, no one denies the fact that they have mastered the art Ad Tech and their software does work and is being used widely for millions, if not billions, of Ad impressions daily.
    I am invested in this stock for years and believe in it. It is one of the most undervalued stock in one of fastest growing industries in the world. Have faith, BCG will have its day soon

whyShares
    Registered Boarder
    kmr003
    Registered Boarder

It is deep pain to see BCG is 2022 worst performers,

As a long term investor frustrated as like many investors with same repeated mistakes from BCG management,

@Rathi_b
    , Sorry to bother you again and again, your messages years back given confidence,

Can you please tell me, Did SKR responses shown his intensions to resolve issues and bring transparency, and stock growth ? or met for sympathy of retail investors.

Franky bro I’m in blank, whole crowd is against, your input will bring some confidence, Thank you

Hope 2023 will be good for BCG

ved
    Registered Boarder

There is a very popular saying in corporate, “culture eats strategy for breakfast”. So, irrespective of how good the company gets in innovation, if it cannot mend its ways, market will never give it the due respect. And culture flows top down. So, first the CEO needs to realize this and make amends.@logan in his comment above has beautifully captured what are the shortcomings that SKR must work on this year.

buffet
    Registered Boarder

@rathi_b and team: you guys have met SKR. I humbly request you-Please share summary of the same w.r.t.on going issues(SHP,FA,Daum,Audio acq, increased operator activities etc).

Things are not going so gr8 for brightcom. I understand that all minute details can’t be disclosed. But you can share fewer/vague details for every1s benefits.

11+
Viewing 20 posts - 4,761 through 4,780 (of 5,388 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.