General Discussion

Viewing 20 posts - 1,261 through 1,280 (of 5,395 total)
  • Author
    dgm
    Registered Boarder

Dear Rajesh Patel What is today’s oak disclosure.

odysee
    Registered Boarder

@dgm , I think it indicates that Oak is still holding over two crore shares. The last lot they sold (open market sale) was 44 lac shares on 24th June.
    Not very pleased about this status, as we were under the impression that an orderly exit would be arranged for Oak and that their shares would not come in for ‘open market’ selling and disturb the sentiment and value.

pranil
    Registered Boarder

Guys.. there is growing trend that big clients dropping advertising on top social sites including Facebook. It can have 2 possible impacts
    1. Bcg generally have Prepaid inventory at Facebook. Which will sure have rate cuts due to lack of demand.
    2. Other than these top publisher; small size and local publishers can have increased demand.. it should be positive for BCG.

I am not sure of actual impact but we should seek clarity in con call.. can some one ask this question? As I ve already 2 questions to ask.

4+
    Logan
    Registered Boarder

Hi Pranil, instead of many people asking similar questions, we all can discuss and appoint one person to ask all the questions. Doing this will make sure questions aren’t repeated and it also saves time.

In the conference call, at the start itself that person can say that he’s asking the questions on everyone’s behalf.

Let everyone give their queries and we can select important ones among them.

If you are okay with it you can ask those questions on our behalf.

3+
    pranil
    Registered Boarder

Hi Saul, I am okay with plan.
    I suggest you or admin can do better job in this.
    Let’s the group also share their view and we can decide who can ask questions.

My Qs, We can refine them further.

1. Despite investing over usd 150 MN In business over last 5-6 years; why the top and bottom line is US $ term is flat? How long management expect the investment will go without adding to bottom line?

2. Is their any plan to close daum issue by having alignment discussions in virtual meeting? By when?

3. What is impact of major advertisers avoiding advertising on Facebook in 2020?

4. Impairment is shocking; why we never get any indication of such huge scale of problem? How can we restore transparency?

4+
    sateanna
    Registered Boarder

I thought we already had a list of questions.. We can send that to investor relations in advance so that can do thier homework.. It can be sent on behalf of the bcg investors forum off which approx 100 retailers are members.. Most of the questions will be on the issues rather than the future business which is sad…

T9C
    Registered Boarder

Please add below question also.
    1. Complete information about pledged shares, in last 2 con calls he said he doesn’t have info in hand. With whom they are pledged and when they will be released?

pranil
    Registered Boarder

Looking at the record of replies to email, I doubt emailing questions will be effective. Even if we email, let’s have plan to ask it in call

nitin_asce
    Registered Boarder

Sending questions is a good initiative. Last time also SKR in his initial address mentioned that they received some queries and he tried to answer some.

He may not give full info as desired by us but still some information is better than no information.

VALUEBUYER001
    Registered Boarder

For a company with mcap of 500 crores impairment of 850 ₹ crores write-off is really very huge and shocking

2+
    sandyc316
    Registered Boarder

@VALUEBUYER001 But also, I think, more than anything, it goes to show that the company is deeply under valued! If the market cap were 5000cr i.e. a share price of rs. 100, will that be less shocking? Either way, we need clarity on this.

1+
    buffet
    Registered Boarder

As per recent update on 868 cr writeoff, I am hoping some clarification before conference call. It’s shocker. Nowhr SKR mentioned about any asset under distress. I suspect BDO may have forced/advised w.r.t. the same – “Certain legacy items on the balance sheet, across all subsidiaries have been
    impaired, in view of projecting a healthier overall balance sheet going forward.
    We will send out a detailed note to clarify further.”

Nevertheless, they should have explained reasons about write-off in annual report itself.

Resolution of Daum issue digitally is very much possible. Not sure why SKR need to travel in the first place. Reliance recently raised billions thr digital means.

2+
    admin
    Keymaster
    Topic Author

One person asking all the questions wont be permitted as there will be others in queue waiting for their turn. Maximum two to three questions a person can ask.

Agree. We can follow same thing as we did last time, sending the list to IR two days before the conference. Hopefully this time too the management will start by answering queries received by mail. If anything is missed or further clarity is required someone can follow up.

I will be posting the questions we have discussed so far in the thread – https://brightcominvestors.com/forums/topic/questions-to-ask-for-conf-call-on-17nov19-2pm/

At the end we can order all the questions according to priority. Suggest the final list to have not more than 8 questions and some of us can mail them to IR.

2+
    Deepak
    Registered Boarder

I think mr pisipatti also no longer working with company as a president for reference check his linkedin profile. He is MD of trayan limited from jun2020.Bcg also didn’t inform to exchange this thing.

4+
    Rajesh Patel
    Registered Boarder

its good, its indicate trayan belongs to BCG

Cuteinvester
    Registered Boarder

Here Write off means putting aside long pending receivables, which is difficult for auditing, which is not waive off.
    They have informed going to consolidate as one company BCG,After auditing report still standalone,consolidating continues. The market considers
    only standalone i think. correct me please if i am wrong

sagraa
    Registered Boarder

I think write-off means writing off all the investments which didn’t work well like :
    1. Lycos life
    2. My SMS acquisition
    3. Aollo Lycos initiative
    4. And many more.
    We already know these initiatives backfired and money invested in them has evaporated and will not come back.
    As a cleaning exercise they are consolidating all of their bad investments.

sateanna
    Registered Boarder

The ppt says bdo audit going on.. Does it mean we will have one more set of financials for the year or is it purely to consolidate under a single entity??

pranil
    Registered Boarder

Dear Sagraa,

All these initial cant sum up to 800 cr plus. DM subsidiaries should also be part

2+
    sandyc316
    Registered Boarder

A point to note: The Menasa Research report does mention a Discount for lack of marketability of Rs 1,092 cr. for Subsidiary Companies Shares. Think the company has accounted for this as well in the write-off.
    Everything should be clear once the management provides the explanation.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,261 through 1,280 (of 5,395 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.