General Discussion

• This topic has 5,394 replies, 166 voices, and was last updated 2 days ago by Sobha.
Viewing 20 posts - 1,361 through 1,380 (of 5,395 total)
  • Author
    Logicalspeak
    Registered Boarder

Thank U Admn for taking me in.

Logicalspeak
    Registered Boarder

Iam the same person who had posted messages some time back as guest messages under the same username, but when registering was made mandatory, I have registered now only.

admin
    Keymaster
    Topic Author

Welcome @Logicalspeak, remember you well.

@dileepvn
    – Agree with you. We should not stop posting in MMB on thinking that one is getting information from other mediums. It will help new investors to get the true state.

odysee
    Registered Boarder

@pranil, your response at #7620. Objectively looking at the exchange of views between Saul and you ,and comments by Admin, it would be a shame for you to withdraw from this forum. It has been extremely rewarding for us all when Saul came onto this forum ( thanks to Admin) and gave such an excellent presentation on varying matters pertaining to BCG, that we are all now so much better informed.
    Many others have, thereafter , commented and responded to the opinions and views expressed on this forum, and there are bound to be some minor differences on the reading and interpretation of some of the available financial and operational data. But that makes for a keener application of mind by all on this forum.
    Admin, kindly excuse my transgression in your space so to speak , with my comments above.

3+
    admin
    Keymaster
    Topic Author

Thanks @odysee for really speaking my mind.

I do intervene whenever there is imbalance in the forum. Some may see it like I am not allowing criticism, accuse that that this forum is run by management, admin is ruling, etc. It is not like that. There is a way how you present your thoughts, respect and learn from each other. I am also an investor and optimistic about this company. I am equally impacted by the market sentiments but have an additional responsibility to see through the daily activities here is happening in a balanced manner.

Logicalspeak
    Registered Boarder

Till some time back, there were no clarity regarding daum settlement,composition of foriegn subsidiaries,global auditing of all those foriegn subs, consolidation of those 12 subs in to one US subsdiary, loan clearance and eventual attaining status of doubt free company, release of pledged shares etc. and the business strategies and future ahead for the company Tec.
    Now all we know from the managemrnt updates,that daum settlement agreement is in place and only signing is pending due to pendemic and difficulty in travelling. Manage many has given indication clearly that daum settlement already is behind us and that is the reason behind company management came with unseen number of presentations and updates clearing all the doubts I have mentioned above.
    Now,to my mind, being an investor for the last more than seven years and posted in this thread as well as other threads of this blog earlier regarding the complex nature of international court cases entangled by the company during all these years (which is already begin us as clearly informed by company) and other non transpanancy exhibited by company (due to the same case and international court attachment order including all the subsidiaries,which is behind now),it is very clear now that there is nothing seriously against the company. Ofcaurse, company might have burned a substantial amount of cash in their unsuccessful ventures. But then in many proven companies of present days , most of them attained success after many failure. Therefore succuss in solving all the problems of more than a decade takes care of every thing.There fore all the best to all long term investors.

Rathi_b
    Registered Boarder

Axis case has been accepted to be heard as urgent appeal and had been heard on 9th of July and the details of which have still not been placed at the website of NCLT. If anybody has an update regarding the hearing on 9th of July please let us know.
    Thank you.

1+
    Raveendra
    Registered Boarder

How do we get to know about conference call numbers. I could not get any update anywhere? And missed the call last time…just have to hear YouTube audio someone posted.

Logicalspeak
    Registered Boarder

@ Saul, and @ pranil, both of u seems not taken the revenue cycle in both of ur projection. I am not joining any issues with either of U.
    For example,if Company infuse say Rs X,out of the net profit of a year in to the working capital ,take the cycle of buying and selling which is one month and 100 to 120 days for realisation.so every rupee spent on buying medi will come back to the company with profit of Y latest within 120 days. So the money infused every year can be rotated by 3 times considering the longest cycle of realisation by the company of 120 days. So the revenue increase should be more than three times including the respective incremental profit due to the infusion in a particular year. And for successive years if u add up respective infusion out of the respective years profit , U may have to multiply by a factor of 3 or more, to the cumulative infusion of those years, for working out the expected revenue increse finally as on today (2020).
    The above is taken with a maximum capital rotation cycle of 120 days (maximum). The trade recievable days is almost static with minor variation.Therefore trade recievable aspect will not come in to the way of above calculation.
    Ur opinion please @Saul and@ pranil.

sandyc316
    Registered Boarder

@Rathi_b Since you’re following the Axis bank case, as per my understanding of the latest judgement, I feel this is exactly how Mr Suresh had explained in the conf call – Axis Bank, in-spite of there being an ongoing case for debt resolution, has unnecessarily filed this case in NCLT. To me, this is also probably one of the examples of why we should trust what the CEO says.

Hope for a speedy resolution for this. Can’t wait for the day when all the overhangs caused by these small issues is gone for good and we’re looking only at the bright road ahead!

Rathi_b
    Registered Boarder

@sandy316 the document regarding the hearing on 9th will be out this weekend and we will know more about this axis case. It looks to favour brightcom so I’m happy, but not jumping the gun the documents relating to it should be out by tomorrow or day after. I’ll update accordingly and hope things work out for the company and us.

Logicalspeak
    Registered Boarder

As per NCLT website,the cause list for Hyderabad bench 1 for 08-07-2020 shows two IA came for heaing (axis bank v bcg) in CP (IB) No.35/7/HDB/2020. THE IA are Nos 460/2020 and No. 181/2020. It appeared as the last item for 08-07-2020 shown as for orders.
    Again in the cause list for 09-07-2020,again it showed IA No. 181/2020 in CP (IB) No.35/7/HDB/2020 for orders. It appeared as the first item inthe list for 09-07-2020 mentioning as for orders.
    Therefore nclt might have pronounced its orders on 09-07-2020 being the first item shown as for orders. But the same could not be verified from the website.If pronounced orders on 09 -07-2020 , what is the final amount court ordered etc not known.
    If any further information is known to any one can please post here.

4+
    Logan
    Registered Boarder

@LogicalSpeak, great observation (#7641). Whatever I have explained may not be accurate. My explanations are in layman terms and that’s because I’m also a layman. When it comes to accounting/finance, I have learned about things that are necessary to value a stock but I haven’t gone too deep when it comes to learning about day to day operations of the company.

In my opinion, not everything that BCG invests will be profitable i.e. they may buy media space from a reputed publisher which may result in losses, at first they may want to sign with them for the name or they may get profits in the future. Also the costs to buy media space may increase in the next month due to intense competition (they may have to bid at higher prices to get that space). And whatever losses they get that may be offset by other profitable short term investments.

If we check on adauth website, the number of publishers using BCG’s tech is increasing every month so maybe they are buying ad spaces from other publishers to offset some losses. And they’ll also have other expenses right.

Please correct me if I’m wrong. I can talk about general things but it’ll be really hard for me to give proper answers without knowing the day to day operations of the company in detail.
    We should ask the company to conduct a conference call to discuss about the operations of the company (if they are okay with it).

If you can explain about BCG’s operations in detail then it’ll be very helpful to everyone in the forum and it’ll help us to ask better questions to the management during the conference calls. Please start a new thread about this, since this thread is for general discussions, there will be many other topics discussed here and will be hard for us to find these posts whenever we need.

Logicalspeak
    Registered Boarder

@Saul, thanks for your reply. I have just pointed out an aspect I have observed. I have no in-depth knowledge in the operations particularly in high tech digital ad programmatic business.
    But normally, in any conventional businuss, the capital rotation cycle or the justation period is from raw material procurement to processing, producing finishing,packing,marketing and realising the capital invested along with profit or loss. This cycle is ,if say 4 months means company can repeat the cycle 3 times an year. Which means with X rupees , company can attain 3X rupees or slightly more of revenue.
    But this is true only if demand for the copany’s produce is constant though out the year, as inthe case of some day to day use consumer goods. But how it is different in high tech digital ad tech space is not known. It will be definitely different given their skewed revenue from Q1 to Q4.
    This point viz-a-viz plauwing back portion of each year net profit to the digital ad business and how it is reflected in company’s revenue and profit, or any other substantial hidden investment (due to obvious reasons during past many years) which may bear cumulative fruits in the future years etc. needs to be asked/clarified through questions to the management in the next opportunity or in the next concall.
    Dear Admin kindly keep this as first indexed Question for the earliest opurtunity with management.

2+
    dgm
    Registered Boarder

1. Digital Marketing/Advertising Revenue has grown from $244k in 2015-16 to $315k in 2019-20. (29% growth)
    2. 100-120 Maths 5 years –
    After 4-5 months of investing 100 each month you will start receiving 120 each month
    60 months payables = 60*100 = 6000
    55 months receivables = 55*120 = 6600
    + 5*120 = 600
    = 7200 (in 5.5 years)
    7200/6000 = 20%

Company can achieve sizable growth post LOC.

Evaluate at your end.

3+
    myainvest
    Registered Boarder

There is another announcement from company listing the investments made in subsidiaries for this year and the last. Impressive

2+
    dgm
    Registered Boarder

Revised Post

Digital Marketing/ Advertising Revenue has grown from $244k in 2015-16 to $315k in 2019-20. (29% growth) is correct.

Please ignore 100/120 maths as we do not know the actual dynamics. This calculation is faulty in its present form as it is ignoring the increased amount of profits available. And we also don’t know how much business was available in the past. Focus too was scattered on many issues including fierce legal battle during 2018-19. Company may have made many mistakes in the past. But now it seems to on the turnaround point.

In case the company has established itself now in the DM business and the business is readily available, LOC can bring quick growth.

Hope for the best in future.

Deepak
    Registered Boarder

Data from adauth, Brightcom market share inceased.2% in just 1 day from 2.2 to 2.4%.Added around 1500 publisher and 4500 total account( reseller+Direct account)

lycos.rags.to.riches
    Registered Boarder

Hope BCG gets LOC within this quarter and sort out all issues in this Quarter, with presidential elections in November and Christmas in December. BCG can make the LOC to perfect use for the huge jump in online ad spend next quarter. With covid, i expect the companies to allocate more funds for online ad spend this year than previous years.

Any thoughts friends?

Rathi_b
    Registered Boarder

Hello the bcg vs axis case in nclt has passed an interim order and has postponed the application to be heard for 28.Can anyone please make sense of the interim order. It has been uploaded to the NCLT website.
    Thanks.

2+
Viewing 20 posts - 1,361 through 1,380 (of 5,395 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.