Fundamentals and Business Related Activities

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 391 total)
  • Author
    Brightspot
    Registered Boarder
    jay69
    Registered Boarder

Huge growth projections for this year in sales & profit just go through it.

Investor_2022
    Registered Boarder

Real speed up in share price will begin now.

admin
    Keymaster
    Topic Author

If the projections work out as conceived, we will be heading to have a bright time. Management would have considered whether they want to hold greater stake in a smaller company or do they want to grow the company bigger (especially at a time when growth opportunities in this industry is knocking) though at the cost of little dilution. The later option is always sensible and I am sure the maths is done right.

Logan
    Registered Boarder

They make few silly mistakes frequently. Instead of mentioning it as FY2022, they have mentioned as FY2021. Main heading is correct – Outlook for FY 2022 but while mentioning specific quarters they have made mistakes. For Q2,3,4 FY2022, they’ve mentioned FY2021. I remember last year for September or June quarter they had mentioned date as 31 June or 31 September.

They should check properly before sharing these official documents. Some vultures will try to prey on these mistakes and will try desparately to create unwanted negativity.

Abhishek
    Registered Boarder

Good catch Logan sir. These small-2 things matter a lot for Corporate communication. I strongly feel that BCG must hire a senior person for corporate communication to strengthen the governance process. The current team was never impressive, they have been making mistakes, it true that we have seen some improvement in last 2 quarters but now it’s a need of an hour when company is growing fast organically and multiple acquisitions are in pipeline.

@Admin
    , could you please send an email on behalf of investor group asking them to correct this? I believe that accepting mistake and correcting also give strong positive message to market.
    Agree??

jay69
    Registered Boarder

The importance & huge benefits for BCG being a Google’s MCM partner.

jay69
    Registered Boarder
    jay69
    Registered Boarder

The Top 3 Things to Know about MCM – Brightcom

The Top 3 Things to Know about MCM

explorer
    Registered Boarder
    explorer
    Registered Boarder

I think there is a difference to certified partners as opposed to non-certified partners.

The following link details the difference. Currently there is just a handful of certified partners across the globe(53 as per google). I’m glad that our company is one of them. Having the certified partner badge in itself will attract and bring a lot more publishers and advertisers.

https://sortable.com/blog/ad-monetization/what-it-means-to-be-a-google-certified-publishing-partner/

jay69
    Registered Boarder

A very interesting discussion (in audio) with everything regarding digital adtech & digital audio ads is available in this link the duration of the discussion is about 36 minutes members should hear it to get a better understanding.

https://thebigstory.libsyn.com/website

The Big Story: Will The Stock Market Mint Ad Tech Millionaires?

jay69
    Registered Boarder

Digital adtech biz set to grow massively in the next few years, since BCG is a very experienced player in the field it will gain immensely from the ongoing digital transformation on a global scale.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/08/19/like-the-trade-desk-youll-love-these-adtech-stock/

jay69
    Registered Boarder
    Logan
    Registered Boarder

I think this decade will be about Indian “tech” companies gaining more global recognition. Last decade it was the Chinese companies. Our companies are competiting with other global players too whereas in China they have monopoly as other companies aren’t allowed to do business (or are highly regulated/restricted).

It’s good that BCG is concentrating on our markets at the right time. Few years back BCG was doing ad-tech business here but it was not profitable (as the CEO mentioned in some conference call). Better to acquire a company as building something on your own may take little more time.

Other good thing is getting back Lycos may help in growing the business in APAC regions (Asia-Pacific) which is also a growing market.

Very interesting times ahead if everything goes according to plan.

jay69
    Registered Boarder

According to a report by Ernst & Young, CTV is expected to reach over 40 million homes in India by 2025, from seven million homes today.

https://www.financialexpress.com/brandwagon/the-trade-desk-rolls-out-programmatic-ctv-collaboration-with-samsung-ads/2326309/

PBB
    Registered Boarder

@Logan Thanks for continuously educating us which has motivated us to buy more and more shares in BCG. I have a doubt ( may be you might have explained in your earlier post and I would have missed) How Lycos is going to help BCG? Lycos is the first ever search engine I have used in early 90s and if I remember correctly there used to be one security software from lycos. Later migrated to Yahoo and subsequently migrated to Google. When Ybrant acquired Lycos I have created a lycos mail ID. My experience with lycos mail was not good and discontinued after using it for week or so. Can you please educate us how BCG is going to make use of Lycos. Thanks in advance.

Logan
    Registered Boarder

Sorry for the late reply @PBB, I was busy because of the festival.

I don’t think BCG or DAUM would’ve spent money on improving Lycos search engine because it’s very difficult to compete with Google in that area. Even giants like Microsoft (Bing) and Yahoo failed in that area so it’s a waste of resources if any company tries that. I think DAUM used Lycos technology to improve it’s own search engine but now DAUM (which is KAKAO) is focusing on other new age businesses. I was checking the search engine market share in Korea and there Naver, and Google are dominant while DAUM is at 3rd place with market share of less than 10%. Worldwide Google has more than 70% market share and in some countries it may have close to 95%.

I think BCG bought Lycos to make use of the brand name (and also the technology). Lycos was a very popular brand in the late 90s and early 2000s and if you had that brand then it’d be easy to make business. If BCG (back then Ybrant) went as Ybrant then many people wouldn’t have known but if it went as Lycos then people would’ve recognized it easily. Also, I think BCG has already made use of the Lycos brand and I don’t think the same will happen once it gets back Lycos. In one of the conference calls the CEO said that Yahoo’s account with BCG is with Lycos and once they get back Lycos then they can have that account. Similarly many other accounts will be there with Lycos which BCG can have later. If Lycos has good business in APAC regions then instead of building something on its own, BCG can use Lycos brand. Same case in India too, as it takes more time to build something on your own, you can acquire another company and you can integrate with it can start scaling up your business. Lycos also had many patents which BCG can use.

Sentiment wise Lycos is important because getting it back will improve the credibility of BCG/management/promoters. It was because of Lycos/DAUM case that BCG got the bad name. Many self-proclaimed experts still think BCG as a bankrupt company because it lost Lycos (as BCG was named Lycos). A subsidiary of BCG declared bankruptcy to buy time but many genius people thought (still think) that the parent company was the one which was bankrupt. They don’t know or understand the structure of BCG and it’s subsidiaries but still they comment nonsense stuff. If people understood these things properly they never would’ve given so much importance to Lycos/DAUM but unfortunately that’s not the case. If DAUM case is closed then there’ll be nothing to point fingers at.

As you know, I have written about this many times – When there are issues pending, the upside will be limited and when there are no issues in the company then the downside will be limited. BCG had many pending issues for many years which brought very bad/negative sentiment (India debt, Lycos-DAUM and later Axis case in NCLT). We can see many people buying shares only after an issue gets closed/resolved and things like NPA, court cases, litigation etc don’t bring confidence to investors. It’s similar to land cases, many disputed properties won’t be sold for years even if it is in a very good area/locality. People will purchase that land only when the dispute is resolved. Many times in stock markets people won’t check the magnitude/impact of any legal case/s and they will be very critical if companies have legal cases or disputes.

I was looking at Securekloud/8K Miles after you wrote about that company in the hidden gems thread. I don’t know much about that company but from what I have seen (on other platforms), it also had a very bad reputation because of auditor’s comments and resigning etc. Now since its listing one of it’s subsidiaries on the Nasdaq exchange, people have been very positive and the stock has gone up after the news.

If companies take good decisions and if they improve their image then people/market will forget the past and they will give good valuations. Subex is an example. Tanla also didn’t have a good name like it is having now and there are many such examples. BCG’s problems/issues were not as bad as 8K’s or Subex’s, but still people thought otherwise because they were not well informed. People had to rely on platforms like MMB or Twitter where everyone talks only about price movements and they rarely talk about the qualitative aspects. Even now people give time and energy to conspiracy theories than they give time to study the company properly. In this day and age some people act as if they are living in the stone age and because of them the overall sentiment will be bad. Fortunately for us times are changing and people have started to ask logical questions to naysayers but still a lot has to improve.

PBB
    Registered Boarder

Thanks a lot Logan for your detailed post. In fact you are my primary motivator to buy more and more shares in BCG. Still I am accumulating BCG in small quantities. When ever there is an LC I have been purchasing 500 or 1000 shares of BCG. Yesterday also I have purchased 500.
    Now I am looking at new opportunities from Small Cap tech stocks. I am compiling a list of tech companies from all the small cap Mutual funds and thinking of narrowing down to the companies held by max number of mutual funds. Once I compile the list I will share in this forum for the expert advise of our honourable members. In this methodology we miss companies like BCG.

jay69
    Registered Boarder
Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 391 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.