Looking at the balance sheet over ten years

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    108BULLGURU
    Spectator

https://www.screener.in/company/BCG/consolidated/#profit-loss
    10 year financialsof BCG.
    Please have a look at the details.
    Last yr finncl yr end March 2019 alone
    after net profit of 510 crores, 387 crores went into investmenet activity.
    Will be wise to know and ask for the full details .
    Moreover what are we getting out from this regular huge investment activity over the yrs.
    Imagine the free cash flow NT OF EVERY THING if this was not so so big.People with accounting background can have an indepth look and express their views.Thanks in advance.
    Please also have a look at the previous years .Lot of money went out under these heads.

108BULLGURU
    Spectator
    Topic Author

Have a look at the money that went into investment post net profit
    during last 5 years.
    Rememeber this is not the usual business expns.
    This is the deduction from post tax net profit.

Mar 2015 Mar 2016 Mar 2017 Mar 2018 Mar 2019

NPAT/Cash 276 242 151 315 510

from operations

cash from -271 -293 -80 -313 -387 IN CRORES

invstmnt actvty .

So friends pls find out where this huge amount was invested over 5 years
    that is just around 1300 crores. WOW WOW WOW.
    All acccountants please have a look.
    What did we get from this investment of 1300 crores over 5 years.
    stock price going from 156 to below 3 rupee.
    Thanks in advance for your serious analysis and thoughts.
    Please share it for the common good of all long term investors.

Hitesh Gupta

BullGuru, my understanding is that these money have gone into lot of underlying undisclosed businesses for ex: bold-win, AI related technology, expanding Israel operations and other companies where BCG has stake and also getting profits. These activities are necessary to divert profits businesses which earlier. Once Duam settled you will see this coming back into books hopefully.

108BULLGURU
    Spectator
    Topic Author

very interesting.
    That is what iwas thinking that all this gone into companies out side the ring of BCG where we may or may not have direct control but are owned and managed by the BCG company people.
    Not many realize that this anounts to 20 rupee per share of funds just in investments post tax. That is close to the BOOK VALUE OF AFFLE SHARE.
    Add to that another 900 crores of receivables and we are hitting 50 rupee per share of money against 63 book value of current stock .
    Come on friends .Pls share your pearls of wisdom.

108BULLGURU
    Spectator
    Topic Author

The question will be
    can we trace the entries
    of all those investment funds.
    Sure lot of people may be working on it and keen to know as it is nearly 30 rupee per share and book value of AFFLE is 28 rupee.
    WOW.

Jay

I do not think even management has a clear view of all the deeper account book details(!!) until consolidation is done for all the foreign entities.. it may be a nightmare now for them.
    this was mentioned in the concall and my guess is it will take some time to get this done. If skr says 6 months, add 1.6 years more to it.. as it will be quite complicated task for whichever firm is being roped in..

My guess is it will be a long journey for BCG to regain market confidence and cannot expect much in next 2 years. Hope am proved wrong!

Bitran

2 years would be too much. Anything can happen in 2 years as these days technologies are disruptive in nature. Guess, SKR’s plan is to make this a US entity. One who can rub shoulder with the likes of trade desk. He is a dreamer and dream big. Just hope he gets adequate support in the ground and should be able to execute his dreams/vision well and not let this goes the Lycos way. So, if he wants to do something he has to do it fast. Settle Daum at the earliest should be priority because my guess is many of the big money are in sidelines because of that only.

108BULLGURU
    Spectator
    Topic Author

I don’t think they can wait as governement agencies must be already looking at all the details and cross entries etc etc. Look by governement agencies is far more extensive than even any one can imagine in their dreams i am told.
    So hopefully BCG gets a clean chit and accounts are consolidated quickly and all the money that belongs to the shareholders of BCG appears where it should be .Otherwise not good for any one at all.

108BULLGURU
    Spectator
    Topic Author

But you got to keep in mind that this 1300 crores of money spent is used as INVESTMENT and from after tax profits.
    It is not usual business expns for running the day to day operations or other needs of the company.It is clean clear money PSOT TAX PROFIT INVESTED.
    Question is where is this 1300 crores EXACTLY invested and what RETURBN ARE WE GETTING.
    Ot comes to nearly 30 rupee per share and the book value of our recently listed competitotr in India is just 28 rupee.

108BULLGURU
    Spectator
    Topic Author

Very ture. Not much time left. Execution now and then quick delivery
    is needed here.
    I think delay in settling Daum has already cost the company and its shareholders a lot.
    It was a very poor decision not to settle rhe way i see it from outside
    and as a business manager.

Avi

I agree.. Till consolidation happens and SKR opens all books doubts will continue

Subs owned by bcg employees.!! Is it % sharing with bcg or SKR (personal) . Will all subs (known and unknown to investors) be consolidated under BCG ROOF.. Many questions and doubts unclear.

108BG .. if your pmo complaint investigation is going on, probably that could be reason why SKR is also moving things around faster.

We can only wait for next few months till bcg disclosures are out.

108BULLGURU
    Spectator
    Topic Author

Thanks dear. UR a wise guy.
    U know and understand it all. One hand of the authroities will be on the balls and other on the neck.Both being squeezed hard …… i suppose and who knows v v hard in times to come if things dont turn up nice and clean.
    Authorities these days are efficient and dont accept any thing hanky panky.
    U will agree that all investors who put their hard earned money and trut deserve a fair go, be treated fairly and equally and get a proportioante share of companues growth and its profits.

108BULLGURU
    Spectator
    Topic Author

Complaint as i have said in the past crossed many hurdles and is with the top of the top authority in in India for the last few months.
    It will be appropriate to understand that highest secrecy will be maintained at this level about all aspects of complaint and investigation at this stage due to many reasons till it is concluded.
    It will have to be MOST EXTENSIVE before they conclude that every thing is nice and clean.
    You cant expect the highest authority in India to come and tell U that all is well without satisfying themself.
    I have full faith in the system and the governement that it works .
    Surprised though with the chalta hai attitude of people and not to do any thing or take any action and then blame the governement for all the problems of this world.

BCG Hopes
    Registered Boarder

I have heard many a times SKR saying that the development of Brightcom largely depends on buying ad-spaces, so eventhough the expense is not technically operating expense my guess is most of money is spend in buying ad-space which is effectively operating cost bold-win looks like a buy on this line. Since Mobile- app ad space is a new thing such huge expenses. As for return of investment bold-win climbing the pixalate ranking and Brightcom jump in ranking along with bold-win looks like a ROI for me. If anything i doubt BCG is under reporting profits to get a better bargain from DAUM.

108BULLGURU
    Spectator
    Topic Author

The prime thing is it is a public limited company and subject to all the rules and regulations.
    Things should be plain and simple for the markets and investors to know and make a decision.
    Rather than people trying to make assumptions about the things that they cant see.
    Under such circumstances one make the company vulnerable to be looked at suspiciously EVEN WHEN THINGS COULD BE 100% UPTO THE MARK and may even have been done to protect the company and its stake holders..
    So let us hope all things get sorted out quickly for the lender, the markets and investors to see and make a correct call.

BCG Hopes
    Registered Boarder

Also i dont think BCG require LOC to close DAUM if the settlement amount is reasonable. LOC is to buy top demand side platorms. Most of the top players own there own demand and supply platforms, BCG’s effort at creating Demand side platforms like Lycos TV,Lycos Life has failed hope they don’t burn more money in creating platforms from scratch but follow the inorganic growth pattern which it had been following in buying top demand side platforms.

Shoumik

Everything will turn out to be just fine. No worries on receivables , no worries on Daum , no worries on dividends, no worries on the future of this company, no worries on the valuation it is destined to achieve in the very near future.

BCG stands for Bulk Collection of Gold.

All have gone through tough times. But now have changed for better. Everything will fall in place shortly. The cat has been set amongst the pigeons and all the disclosures will follow one after the other and no one can stop the value unlocking of this baby now.

Just focus completely on the purchasing at these penny levels and avoid the feeling of missing the bus when it reaches in high three figures. The value here is too too astounding just beyond belief of oneself.

This is true a Multibagger, a Compounder of very high quality.

Bitran

Isn’t bold-win a DSP? My understanding was that Brightcom is SSP and Bold-win DSP. Is it not like that? As one of our boarder joypj mentioned, this company is an enigma in itself. From the time headstead brought this to our attention, I was closely tracking this but still couldn’t find the bold-win connection until this forum started. Hope all the surprises we get as shareholders are on the positive side just like this.

m4max1979
    Registered Boarder

The way I see it, a majority of us i.e. retail investors have been invested in this scrip for 4 years or more. I suggest we have a little more patience. We have waited for so long, it is not difficult to wait just a little while more to let the company stand on solid ground first and then go for the sprint.

BCG Hopes
    Registered Boarder

Online Media Solutions is a fully owned subsidiary of BCG and Bold-win is owned by Online Media Solutions(as per bold-win privacy policy) that’s my understanding.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.