Fundamentals and Business Related Activities

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 353 total)
  • Author
    jay69
    Registered Boarder

Those who want to read & understand instantly can do from these screen shots of today’s updates by the company.

1+
    jay69
    Registered Boarder

A blog on business prospects of digital audio advertising in USA, link given below.

https://www.thecsigroup.com/blog/digital-audio-advertising

2+
    jay69
    Registered Boarder

An interesting article on digital audio advertising in the Indian context.Kindly read from the link.

https://inc42.com/features/what-does-it-take-digital-audio-platforms-to-grow-their-ad-revenue/

#Courtesy- INC42.COM

3+
    jay69
    Registered Boarder
    aindia
    Registered Boarder

AdTech Macro Trends: (*Extracted from a Published Sources)

a.Global growth of advertising spend in 2021, is forecast to 5.8% .
    b. Positive growth is predicted for all regions in 2021-
    Western Europe : 7.5%
    Asia-Pacific : 5.9%
    North America : 4.0%
    c. On the back of steep declines in 2020, the fastest growing markets in 2021 are forecast to be:
    India : 10.8%
    UK. : 10.4%
    France: 8.9%

d. Top 5 markets in 2021 will be: US, China, Japan, UK& Germany
    e. For the first time, digital will reach half of total advertising expenditure in 2021, powering overall growth at a rate of 10.1%.
    f. Social (18.3%),search (11.0%) and video (10.8%) are the leading sources of digital growth.
    g. TV ad spend is forecast to reach US$169 billion—a 30% share of total ad spend.
    h. Growth in 2021 is expected to lay the foundation for a return to pre-pandemic spending levels in 2022, when we expect expenditure
    to reach US$619 billion (exceeding the US$600 billion recorded in 2019).
    i.Video Advertising: CTV, 30 Second Ads, PC and Media Aggregators on the Rise ( oct 2020).
    * Programmatic Display Advertising Goes High-Impact
    * CTV leads in the share of impressions by device
    * 30-second ads remain the preferred ad length for advertisers
    * Desktop benefits as WFH continues due to COVID-19: In Q3, desktop accounted for 21% of ad impressions, a 40% YOY increase
    * Media aggregators hit a new high: Similar to the growth seen in Q2 2020, media aggregators surged to 47% in Q3, an increase from 35% in Q2 and just 20% in Q3 2019.
    * Video Advertising: Native DTC Brands Favor Mobile and Desktop.

6+
    aindia
    Registered Boarder

Look into the attachments:

1.ADS.TXT ( ADAuth)COMPLIANCE METRICS growing by the day. If you look at the screenshot some metrics have crossed magical thresholds. Of course, the canvass a lot lot larger so BCG will continue to scale much larger milestones.

2. Brightcom.com website being updated.

2+
    aindia
    Registered Boarder
    hw_tw
    Registered Boarder

@aindia – the publishers count is almost at ~47k since around a month but the direct accounts count is increasing day by day…May be around ~10k added in last month…What does this mean

– some dormant publishers are getting reactivated

– publishers using different Brightcom accounts for different channels or different type of ads

Or something else

3+
    aindia
    Registered Boarder
    Logan
    Registered Boarder

InMobi eyes US listing in Dec quarter

India’s first startup unicorn, InMobi Pte. Ltd, is gearing up for its public market debut in the US as early as the last quarter of calendar year 2021 at a valuation of about $16 billion, according to two people aware of the discussions.

It makes sense for InMobi to list in the US because adtech will not attract a high valuation in India. A realistic timeframe for a listing may perhaps be early 2022, as globally tech stocks are in retreat and capital is moving back from tech firms to cyclical companies and the scenario has changed in the last couple of months,”

When I said that our market doesn’t understand BCG and ad-tech industry properly, some people mocked me. Now experts have said the same. I simply didn’t write about that, I had read many articles back then, mostly InMobi (and Komli) related because it was the most well known Indian ad-tech company back then. Now many companies have come up but for many years, InMobi was the top dog.

I won’t take people who criticize me seriously, I won’t be wrong just because they think that I’m wrong. I’m someone who thinks 10 times before commenting on anything. Ad-tech industry was not well received even in the US, but changed few years back and in India, things are changing drastically. Post pandemic market is way different than the 2012-18 market. Now there’s no need for some startups to list abroad, they can list here and get good valuations.

In the US, most of the ad-tech companies’ stocks got good reception at first because people without knowing things properly, just bought stocks but later when companies were not doing as per their expectation (people thought ad-tech companies will always do well), people started dumping their shares. Even high quality companies performed very badly for many years. They didn’t deserve pathetic valuations back then. The US market slowly started to change its perception of the ad-tech industry but all the damage was already done. Many companies were sold for cheap valuations. Also the years 2013-18 was a period of consolidation in the industry. There were major technological challenges because the industry was moving to programmatic advertising.

Anyways, coming to the main topic of InMobi listing, it’s looking at a valuation of $16B which is 40 times it’s revenues of $400M . I don’t know whether InMobi will get that valuation or not, we can’t know anything now but that valuation seems too high. BCG’s revenue ($370M something) is close to that figure. Obviously we can’t expect BCG to have that valuation. Many things go into consideration, most important is growth which BCG is lacking right now. Hopefully, BCG’s business won’t get affected by Google’s decision (on cookies) and we’ll see higher growth rates in the future.

(Note – if anyone doesn’t like my comments then please ignore them, I’m not asking you to pay attention to it. Also please don’t come and say these things are not important etc. That’s your perception and I respect it but please don’t force it on me)

7+
    aindia
    Registered Boarder

https://www.adauth.com/exchanges/brightcom.com

While DIRECT n TOTAL no’s are growing, looks like the Publisher count is not let loose….why?

1+
    jay69
    Registered Boarder

@saul-goodman (Logan) kindly pen your views on this new developments in digital adtech industry.

Google Ends Cookies and the Ad Industry Has Alternatives, interesting article link given below

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-31/google-is-ending-cookies-and-the-ad-industry-has-an-alternative

Courtesy: Bloomberg

3+
    Logan
    Registered Boarder

@jay69, I don’t know how this affects BCG. The good thing is that all the ad-tech companies knew that Google will phase out cookies but I guess they thought Google will replace cookies with an alternative. Now that Google is not doing that, market got nervous and that’s why the recent sell off happened.

With this decision, Google will become more dominant. Already big players have 80% of the market share.

This affects mostly ads on the browser – Google Chrome, so companies that advertise more on it will be affected the most. Still we’ll have first-party cookies so companies working directly with publishers will be less affected.

We should ask the CEO about this. Right now we can only guess about the impact because we don’t know how reliant BCG is on third-party cookies.

As mentioned in the article, most of the companies are coming up with different initiatives to replace cookies. We’ll only get to know about the impact after few quarters or maybe after 2022.

6+
    jay69
    Registered Boarder

Excerpts from interview of Mr.Tewari to ET.

Tewari had earlier told ET that the public markets had turned bullish on the adtech industry over the last 12-18 months, due in large part to heightened push towards digitisation induced by the pandemic.

“The reason why the (public) market was not very bullish on the adtech sector because they thought the whole market would be taken by Google and Facebook, which didn’t happen,” he said. “They will be the largest players, don’t get me wrong, taking about 60-70% of the market. But the 25-35% market will be left for others. The ad tech market is massive especially after the Covid year 2020.”

One can read the entire article from the link given below

https://m.economictimes.com/tech/startups/inmobi-prepares-for-nasdaq-listing-to-seek-15-billion-valuation/articleshow/81789159.cms

#Courtesy-ET

6+
    jay69
    Registered Boarder

Procter & Gamble Co. (P&G) helped develop a technique being tested in China to gather iPhone data for targeted ads, a step intended to give companies a way around Apple Inc.’s new privacy tools according to an article in livemint.com

https://www.livemint.com/technology/tech-news/pg-worked-with-china-group-on-tech-to-dodge-apple-privacy-rules-11617993954127.html

#Courtesy-Livemint.com

1+
    jay69
    Registered Boarder
    jay69
    Registered Boarder

This is a very big relief for all digital adtech companies as Google delays its plans for cookies phase out by more than 1 year.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-trade-desk-among-ad-tech-stocks-surging-after-google-delays-phase-out-plans-for-cookies-2021-06-24?mod=mw_quote_news

jay69
    Registered Boarder

All digital adtech stocks are rallying in US markets by double digit percentage as Google delays its cookies phase out plans from early 2022 to late 2023.

jay69
    Registered Boarder

Complete video of yesterday’s digital audio webinar conducted by Brightcom

jay69
    Registered Boarder

Good news for BCG and all other digital adtech companies as Google delays Chrome’s blocking of tracking cookies to late 2023, all digital adtech companies stock prices up by more than 10% today.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.economictimes.com/tech/technology/google-delays-chromes-blocking-of-tracking-cookies-to-late-2023/amp_articleshow/83812053.cms

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 353 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.