General Discussion

Viewing 20 posts - 2,001 through 2,020 (of 5,398 total)
  • Author
    lycos.rags.to.riches
    Registered Boarder

Thanks @sateanna. Good to know that

6+
    cvkrr
    Registered Boarder

From so many years he coducted concalls and he has given appointment to sattianna and others but he did not fulfill his promises.God only knows the mentality of skr

11+
    Anonymous

@cvkrr you are right. Hope good news come. It’s like hope against hope. It’s really depressing what is happening only god knows.

6+
    buffet
    Registered Boarder

One query to every1-

As of March-2020, BCG has 2,731.21 Crs. “Reserves and Surplus” in the consolidated balance sheet. Why can’t SKR pull some amount per se 30-40Crs & get done with its liabilities?

What constitutes reserves & surplus?
    Does this mean BCG has 2700 Cr hard cash parked in some banks?

https://www.moneycontrol.com/financials/brightcomgroup/consolidated-balance-sheetVI/LGS#LGS

lycos.rags.to.riches
    Registered Boarder

@buffet problem is not with the money. BCG has the money to pay, but the way in which SKR wants to solve the problem is the issue. SKR doesn’t want to pay a penny extra even if the process takes a year to get solved. In the meantime investors are left in the lurch.

Logan
    Registered Boarder

@buffet, that amount is not hard cash (reserves and surplus), BCG doesn’t keep any reserves, they always put it to work. After balancing assets and liabilities you get a figure that some people say other equity and some say reserves and surplus.

You have to understand where the assets are used for. In BCG’s case, they buy media space from publishers (bought for advertisers), spend on product development (Compass platform and other products), pay advances to collocation centres, develop a number of databases etc.

Please read the Asset Impairment presentation to understand more.

Growing companies won’t keep assets in reserves, they always put it to work. The loans and advances that BCG gives are for buying media space and other things that I’ve mentioned above.

BCG doesn’t report it properly in the annual report and that’s causing many people confusions, when they see loans and advances and other assets, people think those assets are cash, bonds etc but that’s not the case. They should report it properly in the annual report to clear confusions and that’s what we (suggestions that we sent) asked them to do. Hopefully in this year’s annual report they’ll report everything properly.

You have to take out cash from the operations to pay off those loans and to pay Daum. You have to be ready to take a hit on the revenues and profits to do that. All these years BCG paid off loans from free cash flows. If they had better free cash flows or large reserves then they wouldn’t have waited all these years to resolve the outstanding issues. The main reason they are going for the LOC is because they want to improve free cash flows which helps in growth, pay dividends or for buyback of shares etc.

Optimus Prime 06
    Registered Boarder

Practicing yoga to outcome from the pressure given by this scrip. It is difficult to stay calm when the share price reduces 5% daily

12+
    Anonymous

Pls everyone be calm. Yes I know it’s tough, but we don’t have other options. It’s a free fall on a day to day basis, which is really painful. God knows how long it will continue. One thing is quite obvious there is problem and it has to be fixed sooner than later. Don’t panic and don’t sell. Hope some sense prevail and some update from management can do little good for us. I went through a good article yesterday I think it will help us to understand how organization go through and what should be priority beautiful Story of Mr. Murthy of Infosys. It published on August 12, 2005. Tittle is Narayana Murthy’s dream for the future.

4+
    lycos.rags.to.riches
    Registered Boarder

@Optimus Best thing to do is not to look at the daily price movements. I am frustrated too just like you, but I have not lost hope yet. Waiting for the company to send an update on LOC by this month end to take a call.

Anonymous

@lycos well said dear. The best thing in this situation to switch off when time is not in our way. No need to take unnecessary pressure on ourselves. Through patience good things happen by god’s grace.

odysee
    Registered Boarder

@lycos.rags.to.riches, the only problem with not looking at the price movement on a daily basis is that the relief at seeing it at 13.02 turns to utter despair in 3 months when one happens to take a peek at the price, and note that it is on lower circuit at 5.05.
    I really admire the guts and hopes and resilience of all on this forum ( that includes me by the way). We all have this unique talent of being able to justify the miserable price our stock commands on the Exchange. Fortune favours the brave, not the foolhardy. I trust we all fall in the former category.

Anonymous

@odysee we are in a situation feel like we are in a ship in Pacific Ocean, all of a sudden face a gigantic storm and now everyone feeling the heat, but hopeful storm will go away slowly and ship will overcome the odd, but to make it possible need a good captain. Hope captain will deliver.

5+
    Rathi_b
    Registered Boarder

442 fortune India 500 2020 report.

3+
    Anonymous

@rathi in 2018 ranking was 449 and 2019 ranking was 442. he voted as Indian Affairs Innovative Dynamic Entrepreneur of the year 2019 at ILC Power Brand Awards 2019.

3+
    ramganesh1982
    Registered Boarder

Meaningless movement of stock is happening . Wish and hope this situation doesn’t continue for long . What we need is a strong hold by promoter . In the meantime should I accumulate at this level or wait for more game play and downside ? Anyone has a opinion on this ?

3+
    drjaysee
    Registered Boarder

@ramganesh, me too having the same confusion and in the state of accumulation stage no2. However, I have managed to accumulate 3 lakhs qnty since July 2020 (entered at 9 in July and now my average is 6.7). Looking for strong UC in the coming days else will try to add some more qnty. Let’s wait and see the happenings at BCG. Good luck.

3+
    ramganesh1982
    Registered Boarder

drjaysee , thanks for your suggestion. I have added a few at 5.5 but looks like another round of downturn possible . Will add again if it hits 4.5

diamond_2017
    Registered Boarder

Guys, please note there will be a great conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter which are considered as important Planets astrologically, thus there may be some disturbances from Nov-2020 to April-2021

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_conjunction

1+
    lycos.rags.to.riches
    Registered Boarder

Next couple of weeks is going to be crucial, i assume we will get to know the direction the stock is going to take in the next couple of weeks.

drjaysee
    Registered Boarder

Dear Admin and BCG Friends, I wish to inform you that yesterday I have sent a email to BCG (IR@brightcomgroup.com) regarding the compliance certificate uploaded at the BSE website in which the date has been mentioned wrongly (Instead of 30th Sep they have mentioned 31st Sep). It seems they are reading our emails and today they have uploaded revised Compliance Certificate on the BSE website with the revised date (30 Sep). This is good response and personally I feel that this could be because of our BCG team who visited their office recently & as per their promise they might have appointed dedicated Public Relations personnel. Hence, I think we may send our future queries/concerns to BCG. Just a thought to share with you all. Thank you.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,001 through 2,020 (of 5,398 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.