General Discussion

Viewing 20 posts - 4,601 through 4,620 (of 5,395 total)
  • Author
    nitin_asce
    Registered Boarder

I think yhe best part was in the end. Even if promoters sold the shares(promoters claim there is no selling) they bought LLPs to increase the shareholding.
    Generally promoter selling is a negative point since it shows promoters does not intend to run company over long term and the growth may suffer. However sometimes there are other reasons as well.

So if the LLP come into promoter fold then why to worry. However things are not clear and may get cleared in 1-2 quarter time.

6+
    Logan
    Registered Boarder

People were worried that the promoters had sold after FA was initiated and that’s why they were nervous and BCG being the model company when it comes to communication and corporate governance, didn’t inform investors about the pledge thingy and that made investors more nervous. Add to that the increase in supply by giving bonus shares and the negative sentiment around it for crediting those bonus shares too late made matters really worse. As others have pointed out, all these confusions could’ve been avoided if they informed the same thing few months back when the SHP was released.

After seeing the explanation by the management about SHP I think people got little relief (that promoters didn’t sell those shares during FA news and it was because of pledge issue). CFO appointment also played a role. People were worried that no one will come when FA is going on but a new CFO was appointed.

Regarding SHP confusion we should talk about it in the conference call. In the queries that we sent, he didn’t answer that and only answered when someone asked about it specifically. So I request investors when they call to please ask that question and try to get a proper reply from him.

Markets anywhere don’t want uncertainty and people want communication with investors to be proper and transparent. If BCG follows that then we won’t see volatility in prices. Just look at Tanla and how they have changed in the last 2-3 years. Tanla too had many doubters (it still has) but when the communication is proper then everything will be better. There are many other companies that adopted better investor relations and they are doing very well (of course market factors too matter).

Some people are excited about BCG coming out of ASM list but I don’t know whether it’s that good. With all the rules and restrictions only operators will manipulate but if those rules aren’t there then I don’t know that they’ll do. Being an investor and not a trader I’m not worried if there are restrictions to trade. One thing I want is the stock should not be in UC or LC and it should trade normally. Maybe that would’ve happened if they had not given the second bonus shares. If stability is there then people won’t be anxious all the time.

Logan
    Registered Boarder

There’s a video about BCG where they’ve mentioned things like receivables, SHP, cash flow etc. I get it, he tried to analyse the company and said whatever he felt about it but saying things like BCG is not a tech company and its only an advertising company doesn’t make sense to me. Not every ad-tech company can have the Cost Per Converted User (CPCU) model like Affle does. And Affle concentrates more on mobile apps whereas companies like BCG do business on every medium i.e. mobile, computer, CTVs, e-mail etc etc. BCG also has CPCU and Non CPCU models and it depends on the clients requirements.

Then about receivables it’s a known topic in the adtech industry. They compare only with Affle but not with companies like TTD, Magnite, PubMatic etc. These companies have more receivables than their revenues. Even payables are more than revenues and hence more cash on hand. Without credit you can’t do any business. If you check bigger companies, they don’t have huge receivables as they have hundreds of vendors/clients and all the vendors/clients will be in queue to do business with them. Those companies can dictate terms to smaller companies but can a company like BCG dictate terms to it’s clients? In fact it has to be flexible with it’s clients needs and not the other way around. If companies don’t have this issue then almost every company will become giants. Every industry will have problems, for example, for some companies higher crude oil prices will be very bad but for oil producers higher crude prices will be a boon. Steel and other commodity companies thrive when the economy does well but after that they’ll suffer a lot. FMCG business most of the time will be stable, they can increase price and still people will be okay with that. Hotel and tourism will do very well during holidays whereas other times they’ll suffer.

You don’t see receivable issues in Google, Facebook, Amazon etc. Google has more than $150B in cash. Facebook has more than $50B. Amazon has more than $80B. How do you compete in an industry that has these giants? They can crush you if you are not flexible to your client needs. You let your clients pay you later so that you can survive and grow.

Same with cash flows. You have to invest to survive/grow. Also you’ve to look at other avenues like CTV, audio ads etc.

Then regarding SHP, I blame the company for lack of information. People assume many things because proper information is not available. I can’t comment on this without having enough information.

Before investing people have to check all these and they should invest only if they are aware of these important things. If they consider these to be red flags then they shouldn’t invest.

chris
    Registered Boarder

I keep noticing this trend again and again, as the stock price starts to rise, all the negative comments disappear.
    As the stock price goes down people tend to get critical of logans comments on this forum, literally targeting him, SOME OUTRAGEOUS statements have been made in the past calling him the CEO of BCG (SKR himself) who is writing comments on this forum to trap gullible investors.
    Similarly on Twitter as well all the negative comments have disappeared, nobody is calling for SKR’s head.

I think it’s time for all of us in this forum to take a decision now, to invest on facts, on pros and cons of the company, on the business and stop acting on emotion associated with price action and social media.

Everything is out there, there is no other forum like this one where you can find out about the company, unbiased facts no opinions. I think it’s time to take a call when the price action is on an uptrend.

JackSparrow13
    Registered Boarder

Hi Chris,
    Appreciate the sentiment.
    Also appreciate the leadership of Logan during past few days.

There is a simple and peaceful way of holding brightcom. Dont track brightcom news/gossips but only dividend. Brightcom has a dividend policy of distributing 15% of free cash flow. if company grows steadily, dividend will grow. and I have received dividend more than enough times to confirm, that Brightcom pays dividends.

ramganesh1982
    Registered Boarder

Hi Admin and others ,

There was one link where other stocks were discussed .is that active now ?? Can someone share the link ??

2+
    JackSparrow13
    Registered Boarder
    Manish
    Blocked User

Hi Everyone

Pls clarify if dividends is rec’d by all or not and if not by when is it expected if anyone has any idea

3+
    ramganesh1982
    Registered Boarder

Thanks Jacksparrow13 for sharing the link

Regards
    Ram

2+
    VALUEBUYER001
    Registered Boarder

Shri Manish Ji, we can get 30 paisa dividend after approval in AGM, which is likely in September 2022. So dividend likely in October 2022

8+
    Manish
    Blocked User

Thankyou @Valyuebuyer001 for updating the info

3+
    Manish
    Blocked User

With every passing day as we see prices rise higher….. One thing after all the controversy in the last 3 – 6 months maybe for SHP Appointment of senior positions Bonus allotment Issue of Bonus n many other things is now becoming very clear n crisp that this prices will never be seen again what come may on the market horizon…. Volumes n Price indication clearly says all of the selling spree has been absorbed including that of Bonus shares by the FII n Retail combined

Now going forward what we can expect is price consolidation somewhere between 70 – 100 n than a huge spurt if everything goes n Management doesn’t take any out of the way decisions like issuance of Bonus last time which was unnecessary n without any value…..

Let us be hopeful n looking forward for a Consistent N Transparent Management Vision from here on… Though this price is not at all satisfying buy by bringing a halt to downside it has actually brought a lot of relief to the pain of small investors in the short term not happy but relieved very much can be the final conclusion for now……

🙏🙏

21+
    Manish
    Blocked User

Indeed ADTECH ind is turning out to be the spine of many ONLINE firms in which their business revenues depend n their survival depends or cream of business is Advertising for many online n Social Portals an applications….

How future will be developing n how this industry will be the growth engine n how it caters to the requirement or how it evolves from here for its consumers customers n Principals will be very interesting….

Today on the horizon we do not feel the impact as medium is divided very very aggressively from TV to Mobile app to Social websites to Payment Gateways to Gaming n Entertainment industry ….

Future scope is endless n multi throng opportunities are swelling n incumbents have to actually guage the situation to perfection precision n take correct decisions to manoeuvre them for larger n long term benefits reaping for its investors….

Where are we standing in this regard what is our position what is our skill set what can be the future scope how can things be truly beneficial n reaping benefits steadily to its investors ….

BCG is definitely in the most envious situation for many n if it can only hold on to this situation n take or carry itself it can open a world of opportunities n simply it can make world of AdTech more challenging for many…

Just what I see …

vgsatwork
    Registered Boarder

Follow up to post #14347

I have got response back from the company for the SCORES complaint w.r.t promoter shareholding, which is pretty much copy paste of the pdf that was circulating in the media wherein they had mentioned that they had not sold any shares and the shares that were transferred over to lenders demat account were being shown as promoter held since the terms of the agreement with the lenders gave them voting rights, etc,.

Have reverted back with these specific questions

1. There is no clarity on HOW MANY shares were transferred to lenders demat account prior to 2022 and were still being shown as held by promoters?.

2. From when this practice(of showing non held shares under promoter holding) ?started?

3. On What date this issue was corrected?

4. How many shares were actually held by promoters without being pledged prior to 2022?.

5. why is the SHP not being updated and published back to the exchanges taking into consideration the legal opinion that the company had received?

Let’s see..

odysee
    Registered Boarder

It would appear a second FA is in progress, this time in relation to the SHP.
    How helpful the outcome is, remains to be seen, as the general drift on what appears to have taken place with the promoters’ holding is reasonably clear without having the precise numbers involved.
    Of course, some may reasonably argue that a deeper study of the various product offerings of the business of the group and client additions and business expansion may be more productive.

Logan
    Registered Boarder

Morning context people are having a session on Twitter with a known hater of BCG. That guy doesn’t understand the seasonality of the business. He was complaining that q-o-q revenue and profit dropped and it’s a big red flag etc but real analysts will understand the situation perfectly. He was also complaining that Jacob Nizri was not part of BCG just because he has mentioned 44 ventures in his LinkedIn. 44 ventures is an active management firm and Jacob Nizri is the president of Brightcom Israel (OMS). Just visiting Brightcom website can reveal so many things but the self proclaimed analyst that morning context is consulting can’t even browse the net properly. Same with Bradley Cohen, he handles strategic decisions and is less involved in day to day operations. He can concentrate on his other ventures. Many people do this in the tech world as they guide, mentor and get involved in many startups.

I have invested in other companies that are also having issues but nowhere I have seen this much hate. Don’t know what their motive is.

Highlighting issues is always welcome but they should do it with a certified analyst and not with some random guy on Twitter.

odysee
    Registered Boarder

Sometimes, @Logan, these self proclaimed analysts forget that Red flags and Red rags can attract raging Bulls too.

explorer
    Registered Boarder

Morning Context are crossing their limit. If they can show their hatred towards us like us this, obviously we can retaliate and show our love towards them by rating their app on playstore. I’m not asking you guys to rate it one star. But give your honest feedback based on the stories they have written about brightcom. Here is the link.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app.themorningcontext

This will help them improve/correct their mistake. Let us help them 🤪

kiranj
    Registered Boarder

Mr Shankar Sharma’s analysis on investment in growth companies before the market recognizes them. Hope BCG follows the list.

smitsat
    Registered Boarder

Moved our from ASM from 18 July

Viewing 20 posts - 4,601 through 4,620 (of 5,395 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.