General Discussion

Viewing 20 posts - 4,641 through 4,660 (of 5,395 total)
  • Author
    Logan
    Registered Boarder

@odysee, most of the self proclaimed experts don’t have a clue about the adtech industry. Most of them are either jealous that they missed out on the rally or too rigid to accept that they can be wrong. Like I mentioned in one of my previous posts, for them if any stock goes up that they were negative on then that company is fake and everything is fraud.

If I miss out on any stock that went up, I’ll blame myself for not studying it properly. I won’t go and say that company is fake/fraud etc just because I didn’t buy that stock. I’ll check where I was wrong and why I couldn’t grasp the things that others did.

Mr.Sharma has studied the company, industry and that’s why he has invested his money. He knows well about the industry and he said he had also invested in TTD. A real analyst like him will check everything (industry, peers, past, future, challenges etc) before commenting but as mentioned above, our self proclaimed experts don’t have a clue about the industry but make the most noise.

Self proclaimed experts get access to most of the content on the net because of ads and the adtech industry (technological innovation). Social media and browsing is free because of ads and the adtech industry. If ads were not there, people would have to pay for most of the stuff on the internet. The people who copy paste from many websites and write big threads pretending to be theirs get access to that content only because of ads. Netflix didn’t run ads for many years but now even they are changing their approach.

So a real analyst will check all these and many other important things before coming to judgement. They’ll talk to the management, company’s clients, try to verify the books, accounts before influencing others and making loose comments.

On the other end, the company should also become more transparent and should improve a lot in corporate governance. It’s not a small company anymore and scrutiny will be more as it grows both in business and Market cap.

odysee
    Registered Boarder

At the cost of the possibility of my following comments being considered superfluous, I feel the need to elaborate on the crux of the Forensic Audit matter, which according to Mr Reddy ( conference call ) and Mr Sharma on Sunday (7th August 2022) dwells essentially around the matter of write down of certain assets by BCG in a previous financial year.
    As Mr Sharma explained, the writing down or writing off of assets in a company’s books is a pretty standard and prudent practice the world over. This is done to ensure that the assets are not carried in the books at a higher than fair value. This could arise for various reasons including products no longer being revenue generating or being less productive than in the initial years of development. If these are carried at cost without being written down, then it would not reflect a true and fair value of those assets in the books of the company.
    It is a fact that auditors generally are very mindful of ensuring that there is no overstatement of stock values or asset values in the books.
    This principle also applies to loans and advances for product development or assets in the books pursuant to an acquisition of another company, or any advances peculiar to the nature of business (the adtech industry).
    Prudence demands that these items are periodically reviewed and written down or written off as the case may be.
    This is considered to be a good accounting practice and Mr Sharma was in full support of this prudent and necessary exercise. I concur.
    It should also be clarified that there is no charge to the profit and loss account and the entry is a balance sheet adjustment.
    In a nutshell, that is what was explained by Mr Shankar Sharma in the closing minutes of the Webinar, along with an expectation of a fair and balanced conclusion by SEBI.

odysee
    Registered Boarder

Apologies. Missed adding the punch line-
    BCG is essentially a tech company, and it requires constant upgradation and development of the products it provides for servicing its very demanding clients in a very competitive environment.
    Technology does necessarily become obsolete in this digital world and hence what is no longer productive has necessarily to be written off.

radhutheoptimist
    Registered Boarder

We have heard so much about the strength of BCG and adtech companies. I don’t think there is anything to analyse any further in that regard. Can someone throw some light on how these operators function… If at all it is circular trading what could be the idea of so much volume on daily basis? Ofcourse I see some fii accumulating… But it is not proportional to the volume. In the last three months I assume closer to 40 crore shares were sold and taken on delivery. Basically I am wondering how these operators work and make money…

I thought yesterday volume was huge and today’s seems to be exceptional.

Logan
    Registered Boarder

I think it’s after the second bonus issuance that we are seeing more volume everyday. It has become easy for operators to manipulate prices. Management people have to look into it. The second bonus was unnecessary and the supply it created has been so huge.

Adtech industry is very unpredictable, and the Adtech companies stocks more so. Today TTD is up more than 34% just because it did better than expected. PubMatic went up more than 25% after it’s results. Roku, snap crashed 30-40% after their results were published.

kmr003
    Registered Boarder

I think this conference call investors should ask tough questions to mgmt. about issues and transparency, even small unresolved issues turning it into big. (example bonus credit)

I’m confident on growth of BCG business .

> Market values higher PE not only to business, values more to transparent, reliable easy to access mgmt. BCG should realize this and change.
    Onboard few trusted market veterans to board / mgmt. (like Mr.Peshwa Acharya)
    > Higher priority should be given to BCG reputation by resolving pending issues, and transparency
    > dedicated team for investors relations, they keep on promising same from many calls, Even now emails, calls unanswered.

odysee
    Registered Boarder

What a superb performance by BCG in the first quarter.
    The guidance for the year in all probability should be met if not exceeded.
    The relentless and unstinting hard work put in by Mr Suresh Reddy and his outstanding team of committed professionals deserve a standing ovation from all of us.
    Admin, Logan and the others who have unflinchingly stood by the company and kept their faith -take a bow.

Manish
    Blocked User

Result is STUNNING N Truly Management has a vision n understanding n is in line to what they say…. CONGRATULATIONS to the Team n Management for putting up a spectacular show n raising levels in terms of performance making it difficult for all Naysayers from here on…

Second n Third qrtr should really give that confidence to put the entire group on another level from hereon

Sumeshnair2005
    Registered Boarder

Hi all congrats on bumper results . While we enjoy BCG results .. I request seniors to look into himalaya food I posted in hidden gems I think easily it can be 3 to 5 bagger by dec thanks

Manish
    Blocked User

AFFLE INDIA

Q1 : CONS. NET PROFIT UP 52 % AT 54.5 CR (YOY), DOWN 20 % (QOQ)

REVENUE UP 128 % AT 347 CR (YOY), UP 10 % (QOQ)

EBITDA UP 99 % AT 68.8 CR (YOY), UP 18 % (QOQ)

MARGINS AT 19.7 % V 22.6 % (YOY), 18.5 %

BRIGHTCOM GROUP:CONS NET PROFIT UP 159 % AT 272 CR (YOY), UP 22 % (QOQ)

REVENUE UP 126 % AT 1480 CR (YOY) ,UP 19 % (QOQ)

EBITDA UP 113 % AT 65.8 CR (YOY),UP 19 %(QOQ)

MARGINS AT 30.75 % V 32.5 % (YOY), 30.9 % (QOQ)

Hands down beaten ….

Truly an AD TECH company

Don’t miss the opportunity …. Hold on possibilities are just opening up Endless

All Naysayers n Shorters will want their share back….

πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

nitin_asce
    Registered Boarder

Very good results as per management guidance.
    Looking back 3 years, there were multiple issues and most of them have been sorted. Only few are pending and we have to wait to see get them sorted.

Few observations-
    1. Adding new ceo for indian operations. This might be starting point before mediamint acquisition is complete.
    2. Company adding new director in board of directors for financial control strengthening. From my standpoint very important step.
    3. Audio acquisition.

The company sees huge revenue increases with free cash flow and it looks from action of company that transition to become large cap has started. There might be hits & misses in this journey but we have to face that. Next 2 years are very important in this journey.

Management intent seems clear now and it is growth what they want. In the past ghee could not fully tell the truth because of compulsions and kept changing narrative but now it seems that there is no such requirement. Eagerly waiting for concall. Will expect some analyst in thus quarter concall.

Very excited to see the results and hope BCG does much better than the estimates in next 3 quarter.

Logan
    Registered Boarder

BCG is lying to everyone and we’re all being misguided by the management. BCG has debt of 867crs but they are saying they have zero debt.

We’re all idiots to think that BCG doesn’t have debt, ask the self proclaimed expert/analyst that Morning Context consulted to know about how liability is debt only for BCG but for all the other companies it isn’t actually debt.

All the accounting experts are all idiots because they don’t think liability as debt.

The whole world knows that liability doesn’t mean debt but our expert just to show his hatred towards BCG and to bring negative sentiment is saying that liability is debt. God help his thousands of followers. I can’t understand how that genius got more than 3k followers.

Even a non accounting guy like me knows the basic difference between liability and debt.

All debts are liabilities but all liabilities aren’t debt. That’s the basic thing that you can expect someone to know but it’s an exception for genius people.

People should let him know that he can’t fool everyone and there’s a thing called the internet and because of ads and adtech companies he can go check the difference between liability and debt for free. That way atleast he can stop lying to people and stop misguiding them and stop his shenanigans.

Logan
    Registered Boarder

Adtech giant Criteo faces $65M fine in France for GDPR consent breaches

This is what happens when you don’t change your business as per rules and regulations. Google, Facebook and other companies have paid thousands of crores in fines for violating GDPR norms.

$65M is not a small sum, if that was levied on BCG then the effect would’ve been very high for all the stakeholders. So I guess that’s why they thought it’s better to write off assets (impair) and comply with the regulations (instead of dealing with potential complaints, fines etc). I don’t know whether sebi finds anything wrong in the write offs that BCG did.

GDPR Fines (top 5)

1.Amazon β€” €746 million ($877 million)

2. WhatsApp β€” €225 million ($255 million)

3. Google Ireland β€” €90 million ($102 million)

4. Facebook β€” €60 million ($68 million)

5. Google LLC β€” €60 million ($68 million)

For these companies the fines are peanuts and they don’t affect stock prices but for smaller companies the impact on business and perception will be high. Criteo was once valued more than all the other ad-tech companies combined (excluding giants) but it crashed 80% because of impact of cookies, redirecting, GDPR etc. The technology keeps changing and companies have to be very attentive to the changes happening.

whyShares
    Registered Boarder

There were strong roomers that the Big Bull (RIP – I am one of his fans and admire him a lot) was controlling the Broker Cartel that was manipulating BCG price with circular trade. Now with the Big Bull gone, the cartel is without a director to set the scenes when to sell, who sells, who buys, what price etc. So the whole group may be holding on to crores of shares not knowing what to do. There could be a scene with panic selling with crores of sellers far outweighing the buyers and there could be a series of Lower circuits.

In all probability, I am tottally wrong and these things are not going to happen. It could be my paranoia. But I will not be buying BCG now. If at all it goes below 30 then I will buy as much as possible.

In all probability the great man Junjunwalla was not in the least involved and it may all be my fantassy and I am sorry if it hurts anyones feeling.

2+
    radhutheoptimist
    Registered Boarder

This is the time to make all fun stories in this counter. My story is… Someone made huge profits in real estate… To adjust the capital gain he is selling BCG at loss…

Right now retail has become laughing stock πŸ˜’. But I am selling my house car gold ration card everything sellable…. To buy BCG. Already I am seeing flying…πŸ’ΈπŸ’ΈπŸ’ΈπŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°.

10+
    Logan
    Registered Boarder
    rajeshmk
    Registered Boarder

Another feather in the cap of BCG

radhutheoptimist
    Registered Boarder

Can someone please through some light about 44 Ventures mentioned briefly in the con call. How is it related to BCG. My understanding so far is group of top guys of one of the main subsidiary of BCG formed a new company 44 Ventures. Has BCG invested in that? What will be the impact?

3+
    Longplay55
    Registered Boarder

This is with respect to DSIJ Award…..though this award is addressed in the name of Mr. Singaraju, actually it’s awarded to “BCG” as a team; and whole heartedly I congratulate Mr. M. Suresh Reddy and his ‘entire-team’ for achieving this another feather in BCG’s cap. Personally, I appreciate the efforts being taken for all-round growth of the business !
    However, I sincerely request Mr. Reddy to take an “oath” to improve on ‘Corporate Governance’. Trust me, there will be abundant money coming in for BCG stake holders, however, ‘legally’, ‘morally’, and ‘ethically’, correct money will bring in “prosperity”.

vgsatwork
    Registered Boarder

44 Ventures is not linked to BCG based on the clarification provided by SKR. It is a moonlighting project by some of the original OMS founders who are currently working for BCG. BCG allowed this moonlighting effort because these folks could not be provided with ESOP’s(That is one question that could have been asked as to why ESOP trust has not yet purchased a single share eventhough it has been over a year since the company announced its intent to provide ESOP and created the welfare trust which would procure the share from the market). BCG is OK with this moonlighting effort provided that these people executives do not let that affect their work for BCG.

Viewing 20 posts - 4,641 through 4,660 (of 5,395 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.