General Discussion

Viewing 20 posts - 2,041 through 2,060 (of 5,398 total)
  • Author
    odysee
    Registered Boarder

The market capitalisation of BCG is approximately 270 crore. The annual profits are around 400 crore after tax. Every year. For the last many years.
    Seriously!!
    Is there a disconnect? Is it absurd? Most definitely so. Can anyone on this forum recall or inform of a similar situation with any listed company on the BSE or NSE ? Ever? Steady turnover over the last many years, around 2500 crore every year. Earnings per share at about 4.5 times ( Rs 9 approx) the face value of Rs. 2 per share. Every year.
    Is the management of BCG seriously not concerned with this ridiculous situation?
    It is a public listed company after all. The public invests based on the business, the industry and entry barriers,and the financials and the efficacy of the promoters and the management.
    Is there no sense of obligation on the part of the management to reward or provide a sense of satisfaction or gratitude to the investor ?
    I’m not talking of empathy here. Only the moral and statutory obligation of the management of a public listed company.
    I cannot comprehend the lack of effort on their part to address this gross mismatch and the increasing frustration and despair of retail shareholders, and to repair their damaged reputation with the investor community.

9+
    lycos.rags.to.riches
    Registered Boarder

@odysee My assumption is that share price is deliberately kept low till Daum issue is resolved. Business, Profits, EPS has nothing to do with it. When OAK wanted to sell their shares at profit price was easily taken to double digits for them to sell and later it was brought back down again.

It is just my assumption i have no evidence to prove it and i donno whether management is party to this.

lycos.rags.to.riches
    Registered Boarder

Looks like it will trade in in the 5.3 range for days to come.

lycos.rags.to.riches
    Registered Boarder

Hope BCG proves me wrong.

1+
    odysee
    Registered Boarder

First Axis Bank has to settled.
    Then the LOC has to be obtained.
    Only then can Daum be settled.
    But the LOC situation is opaque and not at all clear.
    What if the LOC doesn’t materialise? In the near term? Or it hangs fire for an inordinate amount of time?
    Are we to then believe that the stock price never goes up?
    Or it is managed forever around these levels?
    Surely the impasse has to be broken at some stage.

5+
    odysee
    Registered Boarder

Sorry. Axis has to be settled.

1+
    Anonymous

@Odysee see LOC is very complex process. It is not like cakewalk. They will see everything past records of business, if any loan taken or not what is the status of that lone. On LOC, my personal opinion, I may be wrong and I wish I am proved wrong, it’s not happening near time because see market will not give thumbs up until axis settlement happen. It is now becoming psychological matter. Market seems to see that resolved first then only market value other positive news. See over last 2 to 3 months, so many positive things happened like certified adapter, Europe AIB TCF registered, ranking 36 ads.txt seller and so on. See axis settlement proposal send I think 13 August so today is 71 days, but no reply. LOC on 14 September last update with in principle approval, so almost 40 days no update. It is really tough situation, but nothing we can’t do. Hope things sorted out. I am missing here gentlemen like Mr. Naryan Murthy or Mr. Tata whose caliber needed. Out of the box thinking and turn the table. Brightcom definitely missing that stature brain for sure.

3+
    Anonymous

Sry loan

odysee
    Registered Boarder

@Antu, I’m sure the management was fully aware of the complexity of the LOC process when they commenced their efforts, and understood clearly that it was not a cakewalk.
    And don’t forget the involvement of BDO Global in some way or the other. I’m sure they have some seriously smart people.
    And SKR mentioning in the conference call months ago about discussions with a well known US bank.
    The tentative timeline would have been indicated then only.
    No company worth its salt steps into a major exercise like this in a haphazard manner. And this is a multinational company with competent management heading the subsidiaries. They would have access to some very smart financial brains at the international level.
    Mr Reddy is not exactly a novice at this, having raised millions of dollars in the past from VCs and PE funds.
    So let us not for a moment believe that the BCG management is helpless in this matter.

5+
    lycos.rags.to.riches
    Registered Boarder

@Antu Market is not determining BCG share price, certain entities are determining the price. So even if Axis is settled the price can be maintained at this level if needed.

5+
    buffet
    Registered Boarder

IMHO, Price is being kept deliberately low to avoid liquidation of pledged shares by axis.

Total pledged shares = 5,95,44,862(not sure how many are with axis??)
    Current share price=5.30
    Total value of pledged shares=32 cr.

This has been done all along to close out canara,sbi & axis loans.

Canara & sbi already sorted out. I think, with axis loan closure, supression will end.

aindia
    Registered Boarder

You meant 2021…

Macro feed :

US Ecommerce Channel Ad Spending Will Jump Nearly 40% This Year to More than $17 Billion

odysee
    Registered Boarder

@aindia, thank you, good information. But how is this relevant to BCG? Or to us retail shareholders? The stock still trades at Rs 5.30. You can buy as much as want around this price, give or take a few paise.
    The company will earn at least Rs 9 per share , if not more, in this financial year ending 31st March 2021. Likely more, with all these enhanced business opportunities as you have also indicated, and based on very promising prospects as indicated in the last conference call.
    What a bargain!
    ‘Never look a gift horse in the mouth’. So the saying goes!
    And yet , here we are, on this forum, justifying the current company valuation on account of manipulators, market operators, outstanding issues, sentiment, lack of trust etc etc.
    Frankly, it is all speculation and we really have no clue as to why we are where we are.
    But we do know that , one day, justice will be done and BCG will shine.
    We just don’t know when that day is though.

tanv151
    Registered Boarder

Just completed the web series on Harshad Mehta; was doing some reading online and came across this interesting incident. Longterm shareholders of Reliance making so much money was not a matter of luck but Dhirubhai’s hardwork in protecting their interest. I am sure it’s not very hard for SKR to find a Anand Jain to fix issues with BCG’s CMP, but has he see shown any signs of trying to find one???

MANU MANEK VS DHIRUBHAI AMBANI

In the early 1980s, Reliance Industries was booming. This was partly due to the consistent performance of the company, and partly due to the fact that Dhirubhai Ambani kept his shareholders’ best interests at heart.

According to Choksey, “Dhirubhai had an overwhelming feeling that if investors were not kept happy, he couldn’t get more money, and that would limit his growth. So he treated investors as family members.

That is until the Cobra set his sights on Reliance.

The fearless Manu Manek had realised the magnitude of the profit that the bear cartel would be able to generate if they were able to implement the short-selling strategy successfully.

Thus they entered the market and started short-selling with a vengeance. Large quantities of Reliance shares were short-sold consistently to bring down the price. The bear cartel’s intention was to bring the flood the market with Reliance shares and increase the supply several-fold. They expected that the share price would tumble as a result. They sold the shares at a high price with the intention of buying it back again when the price fell. In this way, they planned to rake in the profits.

However as it turns out, the Cobra had underestimated Dhirubhai Ambani.

Ambani was not one to surrender to such an attack and let his company’s stock price crash. He deployed his lieutenant Anand Jain to lead the defence.

Anand Jain was able to turn the defensive position into a counter-attack, and along with his associates, he essentially went after the bear cartel.

To counter the selling pressure, Anand Jain and his associates started buying up the shares that Manu Manek and his associates were selling. The more the bear cartel sold, the more Anand Jain bought. In this way, he was able to regenerate the demand for Reliance shares in the market.

As a result of the continued buying pressure, the share price of Reliance started to rise again.

What was even more troubling for the bear cartel was the fact that much of the short positions that they had adopted were leveraged in nature. This means the short-sellers did not actually own the stocks. They had intended to buy the shares when the price fell.

Anand Jain and the bulls were now in a position to checkmate the bears. Amidst the intense buying pressure, they insisted that the bears deliver the actual shares.

The bears now had no other choice. Either they would have to buy back whatever shares were still available at the inflated price or wait a little longer and allow the price to rise even higher.

This standoff actually caused the Bombay Stock Exchange to close down for a few days.

After that, Manu Manek and the bear cartel waved the white flag of surrender and paid their dues to Anand Jain and Dhirubhai Ambani.

Thus the indomitable that is Reliance, continued its march towards glory.

Anonymous

@tanv well said. If an organization doesn’t create value for shareholders it’s meaningless I think. Look at infosys 25 years on in market listing see the what value they created for it’s shareholders. Giving one example what it means to shareholders feeling I was travelling in local train last December two friends was talking about share in fact two gentlemen rather I should say. They told each other we tried earlier to sell infosys, but they can’t sell because the point they told really tears come my eyes. They were telling this infosys is a dream for us and we would like to dream it till our last breath. I still curse myself why I didn’t take their number. Dear this is called value see the level of trust respect . Wish ppl think same for BCG. We all want to see that dream Mr. Suresh. Dear tanv thank you for sharing this article.

buffet
    Registered Boarder

Well said @tanv151..

Vry difficult to match stature of dhirubhai.. thts y Ambani’s are undisputed king of Indian market..But we can atleast hand over his auto biography to SKR. I hope he will learn 1 or 2 lessons on how to take care of investor interests.

VALUEBUYER001
    Registered Boarder

Yes I agree with you buffet Ji

1+
    VALUEBUYER001
    Registered Boarder

1+
    VALUEBUYER001
    Registered Boarder

3+
    VALUEBUYER001
    Registered Boarder

3+
Viewing 20 posts - 2,041 through 2,060 (of 5,398 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.